Mental Health Forums

...and Then There Was Me!

little_miss_V

Hello there!

My name is Vawny, I'm 22 (and female!). I am a curly haired vegetarian and enjoy music, fussing my beautiful pet rats, basic jewellery making and such like... and tea! I love tea! He he, I'm really bad at these introductory bits...! I live with my long suffering partner Lee and have done for about 18 months.

I suppose my problem manifested itself in the form of self harm as an adolescent. I have been under the mis-aprehension that I was suffering from depression and some sort affective disorder until yesterday(!) I am currently unable to work- I am full time crazy!- I see mental health workers on a fairly regular basis and the strange variation of meds led me to ask what the diagnosis they had settled on was. So I have emotionally unstable personality disorder, borderline type.

I go to a message board designed for those who self harm, but I have been circling the drain recently and there is so much drama there. I think I need to be talking to people who are coping with it all rather than where I am now. That sounds really harsh, but, well, yeah...

Hope that all made sense...! (and I hope I'm welcome...) xx

hi little

i,m teen -g nice to meet i hope you have made some frends on bpd world and ihope it can help you

in some way i have bpd,bioplareffective disoerder and adhd to top it all off my hubsband and have

been togher for a long time and he is very supportive to me and the frends that i,m ve made on here

my hubbie also takes alot crap from me which doesn,t derseve and to be honest i woudn,t where i,d

be if i din,t have himand bpd world and carers too so i guess i,m very lucky person

i don,t always appericate it when people try to help me but i,m getting over that very slowly and it will take time

but i,m very determined to get there one day

take care and sorry if i have bored you with this post

from teen-g

Ahh, thanks guys! What a warm welcome! I have been having a nose around the site, and it looks like just what I need right now. I am struggling to get my head around the diagnosis and what it means for my life in practical terms- I think if anyone can help me do that, it's you guys! I look forward to sharing the good, the bad (and the wierd) bits and making some friends. xx

Archived