Mental Health Forums

Whats It Like In A Psych Ward? * May Trig *

Brianna

I think id depends on the hospital and weather u are Involuntry or Voluntry.

Ive had some Ok experieinces with nurses that are nice and talk to you but ive also had some bad expereicnes being locked in Seclusion and needles and i guess just like the movies and the nightgowns and things.

depends on the hospital.

and i guess if ur Dr thinks u neeed hospital then u gotta go.

hugs

Daisy.

I'd have to agree with Daisy.

It also depends on where you are. In the USA about all they are there for is keeping you safe and you rarely stay more than 3 or 4 days.

bets

Im just wondering what it's like in a psych ward if anyone here knows and doesn't mind talking about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Brianna: I have been in a psych ward, here in Canada.  It's not the nicest place to be in.  It's a place to stay safe.  I was there to stay safe.  It's not the worst place to be.  I was told by a woman who was in the ward with me that being in the psych ward was a piece of pie compared to prison.  I suppose she was right.  Either way in my experience in a ward is that you can rest and get on the right meds to make you feel better before you return to the rest of the world. You may be forced to join in on some day programs.  Believe me, some of it is corny.  I walked out on the corny ones....lol.  I got into trouble with doing that.  I hope that answers your question. :)

Luv Brianna

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im just wondering what it's like in a psych ward if anyone here knows and doesn't mind talking about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Luv Brianna

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the last accute/admission ward i was regularly on.Lots of tea and sympathy provided to the bored middle clas housewife types who were having a major trauma because their husband hadn't brought them expensive fur coat/jewellery etc they wanted ie the designer depressive types wheras those of us with long term problems would be told to pull ourselves together or reluctantly given small pockets of individuasl attention. Also if you say nay and they say yay regardless of how minor the event you are quite likely to be carted off to the closed ward by three or four of the heavier more sadistic come psychopathic male psychiatric nurses usually with a needle rammed in your butt for good measure.

Psych hospitals have been pretty much a dire experience for me,do as you are told or else,yes colouring in will help youre just not well enough to realise that,be good or go to ward thirteen,the head nurse was a total shit who seemed to get a buzz from having control,I thought initially this was just me but the more I talked to other patients the more I realised he really had it in for people like myself,I found that the only way to deal with him was to be toatally pleasant,this seemed to make him back off thankfully.

I havent been in psych hospital in quite a while now and hopefully wont be returning to the local one ever.I have to say though in a crisis regardless of some of the morons you meet it is good to know it is available.

Archived