Mental Health Forums

Anxiety Is Much Better

pinklady66

When I was younger I had this terrible battle with anxiety. I had only a few close friends. When I wasn't with them I was constantly worried about them. I wondered if they got into car accidents or were hurt or were in the hospital. If they didn't call me when they said they would, the same old anxiety hit me. It was very stressfull. The monster robbed me of a great life. I couldn't hold down a job. I worried constantly. The friends not calling me on time was not my only anxiety either. I had fears of going to work (when I had a job). I worried if I was good enough, or if I smiled enough, or if I said the right thing to make a person happy. The worries were endless.

I finally had a meltdown and became really sick. I cried all the time and complianed of pains that weren't really there. I would say that my stomach was sick, meanwhile it was my heart that was sick. I was a mess. I couldn't cope.

I had really found out that I needed help. When I got it, I was very much relieved. I was a better more of a functioning person. It took awhile, but I recovered from that. Through therapy I found out the real reason behind my panic attacks. I dealt with that and it's out of my way.

I suffer from anxiety to. But, mine did not become recognizable until I turned 15. I constantly worry about people to. When I was in Spain two years ago I would have deadful nightmares of everyone close to my dying so I had to come back early because I was so scared that because I left someone was giong to die.

I understand what you are going through with the fears of going to work and being good enough. I felt the same with college as well.

I am glad you got the help. Did you go to a CBT therapist. I found one and making an appt next week to conquor these horrible feelings. I am fearing that I may actually have a panic attack in her office but I guess its the place to f she can calm me down. The trouble is I feel like I need to run when I am having an attack.

I suffer from anxiety to. But, mine did not become recognizable until I turned 15. I constantly worry about people to. When I was in Spain two years ago I would have deadful nightmares of everyone close to my dying so I had to come back early because I was so scared that because I left someone was giong to die.

I understand what you are going through with the fears of going to work and being good enough. I felt the same with college as well.

I am glad you got the help. Did you go to a CBT therapist. I found one and making an appt next week to conquor these horrible feelings. I am fearing that I may actually have a panic attack in her office but I guess its the place to f she can calm me down. The trouble is I feel like I need to run when I am having an attack.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lady Macbeth: I saw a therapist for months. It was found that there was an underlying cause that gave me the anxiety. It was a curse from my past. I was sexually abused by a man I knew. Hiding that secret from the world manifested itself into a anxiety disorder. Either way, I had counselling with that. I took the s.o.b. to court, had him charged and he went to jail for what he did. I was glad that I got even with him. I feel good with what I did and it did relieve the anxiety.

Archived