Mental Health Forums

New Girl

lauren18808

Hi guys *waves*

I'm 16. And I live in N.E lincolnshire UK. I have no 'credentials' per se, I don't think I'm old enough to have a clear understanding of whats up.(I cant really say much more than I have on this forum already) other than it appears I'm depressed, and I often have what appear to be panic attacks, and general self dislike. which is most teenagers I guess lol.

My interests are pretty simple, I like to read and write, and I'm interested in rock music from the 60's and 70's. Although this is subject to change, last year I was into french bohemianism and pirates lol, I'm very unfaithful to my interests.

Erm, I'm the eldest child. My parents are nice but very straight and narrow, which probably explains why I spend so much time on the net. I'm at college studying Media, Film, English and (groan) geography. I have no real ambitions, other than to learn to speak french and hindi and to publish a book before I'm thirty.

Now I've finished I'll...be elsewhere.

*waves again*

Hey Lorna!

I love Lincoln, I especially like that sweet shop on top (or is bottom?) of that ridiculously steep hill. I don't know if you've been there, it's got lots of kiddy memories for me. I stole a liquorice pencil from there once, ah memories.

As for the book, I guess it would have to be something random and post modern with no real plot. It just seems like the kind of book I'd be able to write well. Either that or a book of short kids stories, I'm not sure.

- Lauren.

Hi Lauren,

I don't remember the sweet shop! But I DO remember Reader's Rest Bookshop, and The Lawns, and dancing under the cathedral floodlights with a friend late at night!

Steep Hill....Why was Sainsbury's at the bottom and I lived at the top???!!!!

So, you write fiction...stream of consciousness like?

lorna

hi Lauren

:welcomeani:

hmm Lincoln! some good & some bad memories from that area.

spent 6 grueling weeks at RAF Swinderby when i first joined the RAF. we had a few good nights out in Lincoln.

hope to see more of you around on the forums

Traceyxxx

Steep Hill....Why was Sainsbury's at the bottom and I lived at the top???!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh dear, I bet there was some fun times with carrier bags then.

I like to write fiction, but it's very difficult for me, it takes a long time for me to write the tiniest thing, but if by stream of thought you mean like a character study? Then yeah, I'm very into those, but I'm easily distracted, which is what makes it such a challenge I guess.

I'm into poetry a lot lately though, just kinda writing something on whim. That's a lot of fun. I'm not very good at it, but it's fun.

-Lauren

:welcomeani: Lauren !!!

Glad to see you on the site - I used to live in the UK but I cant remember much about Lincoln - do they have a big Cathedral there???

Anyway - have fun on the site and enjoy your new friendships!!!

Ginny :grouphug[1]:

Archived