Mental Health Forums

Amitryptiline

celticgirl

Anyone had any experience of this anti d? Know its a tricyclic,i had it years ago but was taken off it as i took major od and ended up in hospital.My doc has prescribed it as she thinks my depression is affecting the ptsd,and she says it should help me sleep.Anyone got anything good or bad to say about this drug? Thanks xx

I took this years ago for a problem with my jaw...it's a muscle relaxant so good with pain relief. Trouble was I had to take it through the day and I would fall asleep at work...not good so I came off it. So I can recommend it if you need sleep!

I had it to stop me getting migraines (10mg at night)

I did sleep better which was helpful

I'm not sure it had much effect on my mood

other than that when I had a migraine I would have been depressed kind of

but other than the migraines my mood was ok then

(god I'm rambling)

didn't do anything terrible - but with all these things, watch your food intake....

Z

Oh yes, forgot about that, it can increase your appetite.

I can't remember what my mood was back then, I think I just felt drugged and needing to sleep but that was because I was taking them throughout the day, better just at night time.

Decided i'm not going to take them...since my thyroid went wrong,i've had to be really careful about keeping my weight stable.I really don't want to feel drugged and not with it either....i go like that when i disassociate as it is,and its too close to what happened to me when i was abused.....just want to keep my wits about me.

It's best to follow your Dr's advice, they may not have the same effect on you as they did on me, plus if you just took them at night time that would be better and they would help you sleep.

hi kate, i am on 10mg , not for mood, for migraines, i thas helpedwith the migraines but i cant tell about sleepy effects as am on seroquel and lorazopam at night and they knock me out. good luck with whatever u decide, hugs ivy xx

Archived