Mental Health Forums

Risperdal To Lithium

Lauren

is that right?

It sounds like crazy making to me. Without any break inbetween even.

Risperdal has been wonderfull for me mood stabalisers have never done anything much.

It makes no sense to me. It doesnt FEEL safe and net searches turn up nothing.

Im guessing because there has been reports of sudden death ?(v v v rarely) in those that take it for a long time.

To me if he is no longer willing to prescribe it over long periods would be a different anti psychotic.

Personally I think he is the crazy one lol

i think, from what i have read, that most of the drugs carry that risk for some people, for a multitude of reasons. but yes, it is VERY rare. it's just not funny when it happens to you though!!!

of course, sudden death can happen RARELY anyway - whether you are on drugs or not - which is worth remembering, but in my case, not to be obsessed about (well too late now!!!).

it does seem like a strange thing to say though, and i recall he is very junior, your pdoc? maybe he has got it wrong. could you get a second opinion?

i dont know lorna, i really dont. it's all just craziness man!

but it would seem sensible to wean yourself off the risperdal and have a 2 week break or something before starting the lithium, if that is what you decide to do.

Taken two doses so far. My fu*king god.

Ive been sick once im freezing and im shaking so much I could pass as a large vibrator.

Is it really that hard at the start?

And dont even get me started about the paranoia at stopping the risperdal.

I have been looking at information all over the place and apparently its more normal for them to keep you on a anti psychotic for the first few weeks anyway.

arrgghhhh,generally I feel more nuts then I have in a long time. I m starting to get edgy thinking im seeing things move across the floor and hearing the tv twice like its on a delayed few second play back.

Not fun :(

Lorna....

I know this will be utterly pointless at this moment cos u already started, but this all sounds a bit rushed into???!!!!

I personally don't know about lithium's effects when you first start taking them - maybe pm daisy cos she is on it i know.

dont know what else to say except take it easy and if you feel very rough and can't deal then just stop it ok?

look after yourself im thinking of ya

lost

xx

Lorna,

Can you call your pdoc and tell him how you are feeling? Maybe he can help by adding an antianxiety drug or something... at least temporarily.

bets

Thanks you two.

Yes it all does seem rushed. Particually with the hard time I have getting onto and coming of meds.

I have called the psyc unit asking for my psychiatrist to get back to me or if he cant someone else.(think right now id prefer someone else)

So far I have called three times. T

sorry it keeps sending its self lately. (weird)

The first time I tried to call was to find out when I should book blood work for. No reply.

The second time was to leave a message saying im feeling like crap.

The third one was irrate on my part asking if he was trying to send me crazy? and to get back to me asap.

Oh and to the side effects I can now add a chronic IBS attack and the shits. It might not be connected but im pissed of and kinda stressed right now.

Wtf is up with not calling back?

Stupid ,ignorant non english talking man :angry:

i left a message for my psych to call me (with her secretary) last week. i have heard nothing.

NOTHING. ten days later. ZILCH.

i dunno what is up with that. but it sucks.

Well screw lithium. I am sick to death of a junior idiot (psychiatrist) messing about with a med combo that has taken me years of nasty reactions to get on that actually works.

First it was the zispin that left me going into work like I was of my head on drink allmost unable to talk. Then it was diazepam which sure I like the effects of in large doses but thats not the right idea nor something I should be taking with my ability to get addicted to things as soon as I look at them lol.

Then this lithium crap. grrrrrrr. I spent the night in the bathroom not sure what end to put near the toilet bowl. When I did sleep it was light and sureal.

So after work today im going down there and not leaving untill someone sees me.

Archived