Mental Health Forums

*bad Day!*

becsnoamp

Hi all

Urgh.... want to get today done and dusted.

Woke up this morning to a phone call from the manager of the physical disabilities social work team. I had self referred myself back to them after deciding I do not want to get too involved with the MH services regarding their PD treatment as it made me ill last year. So, thought "Ah, that's ok I'll refer myself back to phy dis sw team".

The manager was sarcastic, patronizing, quite rude and ignorant.

Now, I have a physical disorder that started off with myself contracting chicken pox at 22 in 1997. I have been through paralysis of many years needing a wheelchair full time, double incontinence, spasms, visual problems, muscular stiffness and other stuff.

I was initially diagnosed with M.E / CFS. But in 2001 after an horrendous experience in a London hospital, I was re-diagnosed from M.E to somatoform disorder and my care went downhill ever since. (SD means psychological disorder but physical problems).

Anyway, this bloke this morning took great delight in reminding me that my cause of my illness is psychological in origin, therefore they cannot help me and I must go back to mental health services.

I told him that I have PHYSICAL PROBLEMS, therefore would like the services of the physical disability team! I told him I went to see a rheumatologist last December and he sent me a letter afterwards saying I have clinical features of M.E and fibromyalgia.

But the smarmy bloke this morning split hairs and said "That is not a diagnosis of M.E (chronic fatigue syndrome) and fibromyalgia. That is just saying that your somatoform disorder resembles M.E and fibromyalgia." I did not realize that so am also mad at the rheumatologist.

The bloke this morning said that they've had somatoform cases on their books before and they just become dependent on their SW team and don't improve. We need mental health referrals instead.

Oh..... so, my treatment from "mental health" is to be laughed at, taken the p**s out of as my ex mental health nurse used to do, to be told that when I fall on the floor, the nurses will just "step over me", to be told that if I really wanted to walk, I could etc... Oh, so that is my correct treatment is it???

These stupid twats don't realize that I am once again in the tentative beginnings of building up a radio career from myself again. ERRR..... why would I want to remain a physical vegetable when I have the possibility and hopefully the chance with hard work to eventually get a paid position as a radio presenter??? Oh no dearie, I'd rather be lying on my bed with catheters stuck up my *you know what*, a hoist sling round my body 24 hours a day ready for when I need to be lifted off the bed for the toilet and to have strange people giving me baths everyday. Oh yes dearie, give me that over a radio career anyday!!

These stupid farts just don't get it do they!! I'm sorry, but if I had a virus of chicken pox at 22 and before that I was PERFECTLY PHYSICALLY WELL and since the chicken pox I have had neurological problems ever since, how the **** can this be "psychological"????? I'm even under a neurologist that I see every year!!

Oh, I am so angry. So very angry to be judged this way. I have booked into see my GP and believe me, she will get it from me when I see her. I am not prepared to be patronized by this medical team in this area and to be told that really my problems are "all in the mind!" HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who the heck they think they are, but what goes around comes around. I hope that either them or one of their loved ones get some devastating virus that attacks their immune system and then find out to their horror they cannot get any help from NHS because they've been deemed "all in the mind!!!!!"

Yes, lets turn the tables and see how THEY like it!!!!!!

I AM SO VERY VERY ANGRY AT THEM!!

You are making me laugh!

Im too tired now to really respond to your post its one I have to think about. But wanted to let you know you made me laugh.

Lilly

I have decided I am going to write a letter to that scoundrel that spoke to me yesterday morning having a total p*** take out of my physical condition being "all in my mind!"

He is messing with the wrong person.....

How DARE he... how DARE he say that my physical purgatory is not real.

Somatoform disorder??????????

Oh right Mr social worker manager, please tell me how one can get a psychological disorder from chicken pox???? I haven't read that one from the WHO. 2 pages must have stuck together when I read the manual then!!

And as for my GP.........

****SNARLS AT HER PHOTOGRAPH****

They may look down on me now..... oh yes, look down on me now as much as you want "medical people". Do your worst!!

For a time is coming when the heavens will open and with a loud bang, in an instant we will be changed!! Lets see them take the p*** then!!

Bring it on "children"..... bring it on!!

For, at the end of the day, that is all they are - overgrown children in the medical profession having a joke at people on crutches and in wheelchairs and to have great pleasure telling them "Sorry dearie, your ailment is ALL IN YOUR MIND!!!!!"

GO SUCK AN EGG!!!

In fact:

GO AND LAY ONE!!!!!!

I hope it hurts like pish!!

EWWWWWWWWWWWW I'M SO ANGRY AT THOSE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oh Becky, I am just so sorry to hear what you are going through and the dreadful way you are being dismissed by the medical world. Has anyone ever been of any help to you before? How on earth do you manage to go on being so brave, and even pursuing a radio career? You nust be one courageous woman-clearly you have not let them knock the fight out of you.

I'm so upset you are being humiliated like this, and hope you can find someone who actully knows how to listen and care very soon.

Thinking of you,

Is

Thanks Iso and Lilly,

Very reassuring posts!!!

How are you both today??????????????

I AM STILL VERY VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXTREMELY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROARING ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My eyes have turned yellow and red coz I'm so ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am giving my husband as good as I get! Boye, it feels good!!

*Meat Cleavers at Dawn!!*

2 HOURS SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell hath no fury as a physically ill person humiliated!! Watch out GP and social worker manager!!!

Have been seeing a friend today. According to her I am possed by 2 evil spirits. She tried to get them out of me in Jesus' name but they're still there apparently. I didn't know Christians could also be possessed???

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

STILL FEELING VERY VERY VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EWWWWWWWWWWW I'M SO ANGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Its is mine to repay, I will avenge" says he, the *I am*.

I await this.....

EWWWWWWWWW

Anyone up for a ding dong??? Handbags at Dawn!!

FUMING, OUTRAGED, ANGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

5 DAYS OF ANGER NOW!!!!!!!!!

I have put in a formal complaint to social services.

I AM STILL SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!! ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!! ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO FLAMING ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have not slept last night. Last night got a bit wild, that felt better!! HAA HAA!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

What goes around comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY'LL BE SORRY.......... I AM STILL VERY VERY VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*SCOWLS AT MIRROR*

I hear you, you are very very angry and you feel you have not been taken seriously. I can certainly understand that would make one angry. It must be very frustrating!

You filled a complaint? Well good if you felt thats whats needed its good you have done that.

You have been angry for a while now. Do you think you can start calming down now. You have filed a complaint and dealt with it.

Now I guess the question is how do you move on from here.

Being angry all the time surely cant be fun and it doesnt change anything if you know what I mean.

What do you think you could do that would help you calm down. I just want to see you happy and not so worked up.

Lilly

Hi Lilly

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your well wishes. Ditto back.

The anger won't go..... it just won't go..... its just being fuelled and fuelled even more. I'm mad at the neighbours who look down on me in a patronizing way coz they know more about me than I'd like them too. I'm mad at my auntie, the nun, who sides with my husband and runs me down to him.

EWWWWWWWWWW I AM ANGRY AT THE SOCIAL WORK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sleeping. Haven't slept for a few nights now........... Anger is too intense.

I'm angry at my GP for telling all these freaks that work in the NHS that I don't have a physical disorder in origin. The rheumatologist said last year I have Clinical features of CFS and fibromyalgia, and yet the f***** will not recognize it!!!! HOW DARE SHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST WAIT TILL I SEE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the weather makes me angry!!!!!!!!

Maybe you could have a warm bath or shower with some calming music playing before you go to bed.

Im sorry to hear you havent been sleeping well, maybe if you do soothing things before you go to sleep you´ll have a better sleep.

Lilly

Archived