Mental Health Forums

5th Night With No Sleep!

becsnoamp

Hezzup!!

5th night with no sleep!! Fun dearie isn't it. Yes, bags of fun. Gonna forget where the bedroom is soon! HAA HAA!!

Oh the delights of watching the back door turn from black to grey. I feel like I'm almost turning into Amy Winehouse!!

*Bursts into song!!!*

Actually, I've been listening to James Blunt "Back to Bedlam" As soon as it ends, I play it all over again! Must have played it nearly 10 times through the night!!

What a waste of time this is. I could have been at an airport overnight waiting for my flight to Hawaii as opposed to stuck in errr... hmmmm.... half drowned UK??

I'm gonna enter for that tv prog "Shattered" if it ever comes back. I reckon I'd win it. Seeming to go nights on end without needing to hit the bed.

"She's human, but not as we know it!!"

Who's up for a comp then??? Who can stay up the most nights?? We have to have a prize. Any ideas??? Winner wins a CD or something??? I'm into night number 5 so far, and still going.... reckon I got another few nights in me yet.

Anger helps you stay awake. Great emotion. I recommend it. Just don't use negative coping strategies!!

The gym opens in an hour. Yes, think I'll mosey on down there.

I do wish you good folks a very pleasant day!!!

praps you should see your gp, and see if you could have a few days tablets

to help you settle at night....

you can't go on like this

??

tc

is grim being awake - I well know the feeling

Z

hey Becky I love your light hearted humor about it. did make me smile but it really is a serious issue because that many nights with out sleep is bound to wear you down.

i'm with Z about seeiung your GP for some sleep aids. Camomile tea works well too.

paine.

god you must be knackered, dont you even nap?????

hope youre ok there in the floods!

do you not have any sleeping pills you could take? i suggest just keep going to bed to get your body in the routine, try and allow your body to naturally prepare itself for sleep,avoid caffeine after six and chocolate!! take a nice long bath, relaxing music, well aired bed clean sheets, anything that would normally have worked for you. do you have a reason for not sleeping??

hope you dont mind me replying to your post but im like....i need my eight hours...and the rest :) sleep... dd

mallet an option

otherwise doc cause u need zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and mallet is painful

Mallet's Mallet???

You been watching too many repeats of "Wacaday!!"

Heyooooooooooo!!

Yo!! Well, apart from my eyes gone like sandy grit and very blurry, I still don't feel like bed!!

OMG if I don't sleep again tonight, that'll be 6 nights!! LOLOLOLOL.

Sheesh! Can one die of no sleep???

Oh yeah normally I need sleep believe me. I only get like this occassionally. I'll flop in a few days time and sleep for hours and hours and hours each night. Probably not get out of bed for weeks!!

Hey Becky -

Going for a record in no sleep is not a record you want. Your brain needs time

to rest at night. If you are not on meds, maybe read a book, take a hot bath,

get into bed and listen to relaxing music. Just a few suggestions. Hope you will

be able to sleep tonight.

Marchmadness

*grins..I love your sense of humor about this.. i so know how this feels...i went a week once never shutting down..even trying to lie down my head just wouldnt sleep..the lack of REM sent me quite nutter...it was very interesting if oddly creative time :wacko: I ended up painting obscure things at 3 am and walking up and down the street singing songs..not a good look.

I tried the teas meditations and walks..not much worked.. thank God for seroquel which eventually knocked me out cold and allowed my brain to 'reset' itself.

What I remember did help most while I was ' in it' was looooooooooooooooong hot showers...I'd sit in the bottom letting the water run over my back and nearly fall alseep letting the water and noise of the fan carry me to a drifiting space....it wasnt a replacement for rem sleep but did help me feel a bit rested...if it wasnt for that I think i would have just gone completely nut...as it was i was seeing things that werent there, the changing colours thing too...i'd never realised til then how badly lack of sleep affected.

best of luck bec! hope you get to sleep soon

oh..one other thing please dont drive till youve had a good sleep!

We're still paying off our front end damage.

cheers

blue

hi,

I find listerning to music on my mp3 a great help.

I don't seem to sleep more than 2 hours at a time at the moment.

I think this is the cause of my latest crisis :(

julie67

Hi, Hope you got some sleep last night. If not you should definately visit you doctor for some sleeping pills. They will help to get your sleeping pattern back to normal.

x

hey...no more posting.since yesterday becsnoamp?????

hope your in zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz land

sleeptite dd :lol:

Archived