Mental Health Forums

Another Newbie!

kazzapants

Hi all,

I'm another newly diagnosed BP. Well, I say newly diagnosed, it is more that I am newly aware of my diagnosis.

Going through the usual things - self harm, rage, rage rage, some more rage, suicide attempts, arrested last year outside my mental health unit for possessing a knife in a public place - I'd gone in voluntarily because I was on a crazy one and asked them not to send me home. So they sent me home - I didn't remember until afterwards but on the way out I trashed the waiting room - so they called the police, who turned up to find me sitting outside in a corner, bothering no one and about to slash my ankles.

I hate my shrink for sending me home, and I hate the police for arresting me - I was not a very well behaved prisoner and attempted no end of ludicrous "breakouts" during my over night stay.

I now have a criminal record - which would have been avoided had my mental health team pointed out what to do in a crisis situation. Oh well. It could be worse, I could have just voluntarily taken a £400 a month pay cut because of my inability to handle the constant interaction with other people and processes and procedures that weren't perfect. Oh silly me I already did that. What's next?

Fortunately I have avoided a real suicide attempt for the last 3 years through structured and organised self harming - sometimes I struggle to remember why it is we are discouraged from self harm.

I think my own personal battle with suicide has been allied by my deep seated belief that there is no life after death, that there will be no relief from the pain. There will be nothing. Nothing at all - so what is the point? My shrink says I'm also saved by the fact that my moods swing very very quickly - so by the time I've got the knife to my wrists I'm fine and quite fancy going go karting please.

I also have a theory that poor administration is the route of all evil - has any one else noticed that the things in the "real world" that drive you into a rage are usually traceable to an administrative cock up.

Kazz,

Welcome to the site. Sounds as though you've had an interesting time so far...I think you'll find lots of support and information if you look around here.

XX Ann

:welcomeani: Kazza... You sound VERY interesting... cool!!! Glad you found us. Have fun and enjoy posting. You'll meet some good people here.

Love Ginny

:sm.jpg:

Archived