Mental Health Forums

Any Praise For The Mental Health System?

amazinggrace31

Yeah I learnt this one through my experience as a care leaver with my leaving care team; moving 300 miles from them stuffed that one up for me a bit since they tend to hear you louder when you're stood on the doorstep.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today guys I have discovered a wonderful thing.

Equality Human Rights Commision.

The Crisis Team are breaching article 8 - The right to a private home and family life, maintaining physical and psycological intergrity. In turn if they breach article 8, they breach article 14, not upholding article 8.

Thus, they are breaking human rights laws.

Suddenly I have help. Crisis doctor visiting Monday, new CPN on Wednesday for as long as I need support. Hahahahhahaahah. Also, medical director looking into the situation, apology from Crisis Team manager.

She who yells wins! :lol:

Fairy xxx

P.S. Isn't gloating attractive! :lol:

did you actually qoute that and they helped you? what covenant does articles 8 and 14 come from?

Article 26 ICCPR

All persons are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to the equal protection of the law. In this respect, the law shall prohibit any discrimination and guarantee to all persons equal and effective protection against discrimination on any ground such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Article 12(1) International covenant on economic, socilal and cultural rights

The States Parties to the present covenant recognize the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health.

I have been turned away because my problems are too complex but whether you have BPD everyone should have the right to good mental care when they need it.

I phoned the Equality Human Rights Commision, found on google. They told me word for word what I wrote down here, my husband told the crisis team manager they were breaking the law. I didn't look in to it myself!

I would advise calling them, they were brilliant. 0845 604 6610.

Good luck.

Fairy xxx

Today I was told by the consultant psychiatrist from the Crisis Team, that I will not be receiving any support from them as my personality disorder is too complex and they can't help me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Or they can't be arsed?

So, I am beyond help. :lol:

Are you?

He said sending out metal health workers was damaging to me and them because of my attitude. He said as I aware of my major sarcasm I am responsible for it also. I laughed in his face.

OMG your sarcasm resposible for their incompetence?

I informed the shrink today that I look forward to when the NHS collaspes and outsources parts of the health system

Not something I look forward to to be honest. I just with there could be better listeners.

and because the crisis employees are all so stupid, they will be out of work.

Hahaha! :lol:

I look forward to seeing them pack my shopping in Tesco. :lol:

Hahahahaha! :lol:

I also said the woman who works on customer service in Asda is very rude, however, her people skills are superb compared to the crisis team and I suggest they go there to learn a thing or two. Sarcasm, I don't know what they are talking about!

Ahahahahahah :lol:

I am in the process of a counter attack, oh yes this is war. I am emailing the chief executive and directors of the trust, I am also contacting my local MP. It specifically says on their website that complaints made will not effect care received. The shrink said to my husband I had made too many complaints!

Ah...a "difficult patient". :rolleyes: You give the G0ds too much backchat! :P

Also, I am still mentally ill, so if they can't cope, they need more training

In what I wonder?

Do you know, it was even called in to question whether I pay tax as I don't work!

Why did they ask such a question?

This isn't going to go away, I will push their complaint figures through the roof.

The good old battleaxe. :lol:

Thus, they are breaking human rights laws.

In what way?

Suddenly I have help. Crisis doctor visiting Monday, new CPN on Wednesday for as long as I need support. Hahahahhahaahah. Also, medical director looking into the situation, apology from Crisis Team manager.

Nice one.

She who yells wins! :lol:

Too bad you have to yell to be listened to.

my husband told the crisis team manager they were breaking the law.

Well in there.

None of us are beyond help, some mental health services are unable to help due to mass stupidity, laziness, underfunding and lack of skills.

The tax issue arose like this. I said " I do not pay tax to receive such a shitty service". She said " You don't work do you?". I replied, " I pay tax on my savings, my husband works and I paid tax when I did work".

They are breaking the law because I was to be denied health care on the grounds of a diagnosis and complaints I have made. Thus denying me psycological integrity.

And who are you calling a battleaxe? Don't make me fairy kung foo your ass again! :lol:

Fairy aka Champ, hmmmm that sounds like a dog! :lol:

I was told today they wouldnt let me use direct payments to fund a cleaner/dimicialiary care for one hour a week

it will undermine my 'independence' apparently. They seem to ignore the fact that they have been so carefully 'preserving' my independence for six years at the expense of having me livin in squalid conidtions and not move on becasue im never able to get on with the basic house stuff.

They seem to ignore fact that if i had actually had support when needed i might have been able to get thigns in order that i COULD manage, get a job and pay for a cleaner myself.

I think its like forcing stephen hawkins to do all his own self care. If he had to do that he would just live in total self neglect and not be able to reach his potential in the things he CAN do.

Sundries, Have you called the helpline number for Human Rights? Hopefully they will beable to help you.

I agree with you, it is so wrong. A healthy living enviroment is clearly important for good mental health.

Good luck with it.

Fairy xxx

I can't believe this, the Crisis Team just phoned to ask when it would be convenient to visit me over the weekend, hahahahha!

This is amazing, my threat to bring a civil prosecution against them has changed everything.

Fairy xxx

They are breaking the law because I was to be denied health care on the grounds of a diagnosis and complaints I have made. Thus denying me psycological integrity.

This your BPD diagnosis you mean? They are notorious for making life difficult for complainers - all the system that is, not just the health service.

And who are you calling a battleaxe? Don't make me fairy kung foo your ass again! :lol:

In your dreams. :lol:

Fairy aka Champ, hmmmm that sounds like a dog! :lol:

Look on the bright side, at least its not Chimp - that sounds like George Bush. :lol:

She said " You don't work do you?"

I can't believe she said that :o

I can. I've been called a sponger by workers, in the last care home I was in. That was over 11-12 years ago mind.

Loving your commentary Cynic.

Good. :D

I don't know whether they are breaking the law because of my diagnosis, or more to do with refusing treatment.

Kung foo your ass - your dreams not mine. :lol:

Fairy xxx

I don't know whether they are breaking the law because of my diagnosis, or more to do with refusing treatment.

Have you been formally ruled as untreatable, or did the crisis team just say that on the spot?

Kung foo your ass - your dreams not mine. :lol:

Wet ones...haha j/k. :lol:

I had had some emotionally-scarring experiences with mental health "professionals"....you just wouldn't believe some of the things that have been said/done..then again, I believe you would!!!!!!!!

That said, I have also had positive experiences....people who really DID care and were supportive. Interestingly, I'm seeing a pastoral counselor now, and on Friday we were discussing this type of issue. She acknowledged that many professionals see/hear "borderline" in a very negative manner and attach the label with the person without getting to know the person. She is firmly against that. Obviously she has been one of the positive ones. I am extremely grateful to the positive ones.

No, I haven't been deemed untreatable, I also have bipolar disorder, which I have been tretaed for in the past. The doctor read no notes, and seemed proud of this, what a prat!

Cynic, I thought you had stopped wetting the bed now. :lol:

I have also had positive experiences with the mental health services, however, as I expect help every time, as opposed to 1 in 10, I think they fail.

Fairy xxx

I had had some emotionally-scarring experiences with mental health "professionals"....you just wouldn't believe some of the things that have been said/done..then again, I believe you would!!!!!!!!

That said, I have also had positive experiences....people who really DID care and were supportive. Interestingly, I'm seeing a pastoral counselor now, and on Friday we were discussing this type of issue. She acknowledged that many professionals see/hear "borderline" in a very negative manner and attach the label with the person without getting to know the person. She is firmly against that. Obviously she has been one of the positive ones. I am extremely grateful to the positive ones.

I have been told by the crisis team that if I was suicidal it is my choice - they know that I was in a coma only 2.5 months ago and this is how they respond to me.

I stopped contacting them as I have more pride then that.

I have called a suicide prevention helpline and even though they are only volunteers with a few weeks training they are so compassionate and professional - it is so ironic that the ones who get paid to help people in crisis remain so indifferent yet there are others who take their own free time to help people and offer them support.

Also Anne, I agree borderline gets a bad rap, but don't forget that all people with mental illness are treated like crap within the health system. You only have to compare a cancer ward with a psychiatric ward and you can see the difference in staff attitude/ psyhical environment etc.

I personally would rather die than get help from people who see me as just a "borderline" - in fact I see those people as not only arrogant and judgemental and I would not want to take the advice they offer (if any) as it is obvious they don't know enough about mental illness to be able to help me. In fact I think if they can't show enough care and compassion for all people in mental illness than they are really in the wrong job and I would advice them to find another profession and do people with borderline and other mental illness a huge favour - they really need to be told that

Icu, I totally agree with you. Today I have sacked the crisis team, it really did come down to self respect.

Fairy xxx

LMAO at "sacking" the crisis team! Good on ya Fairy.

There really are other means of support out there, they really are not the only source of "help" there are other groups/help lines etc.

I think someone said before that you might be sick without them but sicker with their involvement sometimes because you waste your energy on them.

Yes, I think you are sicker with any involvement from the mental health services. But you have to experience them and their crass attitudes to realise this point.

Archived