Mental Health Forums

What Medication Are People Taking For Bpd ?

mazer34

Just wondered and NOT being nosey,what medication other people are taking as mine does not seem to be working ! Currently Im on 50mg quitiopine (not spelt it right,but pronouced that way) and 60mg duloxotine for depression and my GP gave me 28 tablets of diazepam for not being able to sleep just now as the psych team wont put up my medication so I have to suffer.I keep going back to my poor GP ( god she must think Im a right pill freak)and she cant give me anything without asking the psychatrist first and he says NO.I cant stand feeling so depressed and violent towards people. :(

usual treatment is an AD and a AP

already on those Im afraid,my rages are terrible,went after a women the other day as she couldnt park her car in car park as she was so crap at doing it,god she shook her head at me because I was waiting so dam long and getting angry so I went after her,she ran into supermarket so I couldnt whack her one !( I know its not her fault,its my rage, I just snap at the slightest stupid things)what the hell is wrong with me ????

Oh you must have been angry there!

Maybe you could teach yourself breathing excersizes for when you get angry, google breathing excersizes and you´ll find lots.

it can really help calm you down.

What I also sometimes do that really helps me is I don´t do anything but I imagine Im kicking the sh out of someone. For me just imagining it is enough.

You ask whats wrong with you, well you have BPD thats whats wrong. Its not your fault my dear but you do have the responcebility to try to learn coping skills.

Post here as much as you like and we will try to help.

Lilly

thanks,I seen my post natel depression councellor today and she says BPD is just a diagnoses and not an illness ? my mood swings,feeling suicidal etc are just me and not to be blamed on my diagnoses as she keeps calling it, she kept telling me there is nothing wrong with me and rubbished me when I say I have BPD.She is a CPN by nature and volunteer trained councellor and makes me feel shit whn I mention the B word.and I shouldnt be taking medication for an illness I dont have as the meds will damage my liver and vital organs as I dont need them.Im going mental after seeing her,what if there is nothing wrong with me after all ?I just feel so ANGRY at her dismissing me all the time,like Im talking to a wall. :( oh she also said I would get my 3 kids taking off me if I keep going the way Im going.NICE !

what a bitch! (your PND counsellor). Im on trazadone but i feel more hyper then more violent. Only been on them for 2 weeks.

OMG I thought you calling me a bitch when I first read that !! :lol:

Me I'm on a combination of Aurorix, lithium and Neulactil. I'm on pretty high doses of ADs (twice what the drug is actually licenced for).

i'm on 100mg seroquel, 40mg valium, img lorazopam, 50mg sertraline, 10mg amytriptiline, 100mcg thyroxine.. i have tried many other meds but got bad side effects

None.

I used to be on venlafaxine and zopiclone. I've also been on quite a few other medications. But now I don't take anything. I prefer the therapeutic approach used in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.

• 1 month later...
I am taking Effexor XR, just got off the Cymbalta today, taking 300 mg now...Also was put on Klonopin 1mg 3X a day after begging them to give me something for this panicking...vistrail PRN, only as needed for hives, they were going to put me on a mood stabalizer but decided against it today. Seems the nurse practicioner wasn't on the right track afterall <_<

I'm not currently on any medication (well for MH reasons, I take meds for other problems, oh and propranolol PRN) and haven't been for almost 3 years now. I'm not sure whether this is good or bad as part of me feels more stable in a way (not OD'd or SH'd badly since being off meds) but then this year I've been experiencing rapid and extreme mood swings, hence why I think I could be bipolar too.

Last saw my psych in April and told him about the mood swings etc and asked if he thought I might benefit from a mood stabiliser (never yet tried one of those) but he didn't seem keen to prescribe me anything, even an AD (I was depressed when I saw him) as he thinks I'm "coping ok" ???? ... despite the fact I've landed myself in £10K worth of debt whilst being high, and constantly feel suicidal (even though I haven't acted on it) when I'm depressed. He doesn't want to see me again and I only saw him then as I begged my CPN to make me an appt with him!

I don't know what to think really. Previously tried numerous AD's and AP's but not sure any of them really helped significantly, apart from Chlorpromazine which knocked me out to such an extent I couldn't actually do anything at all LOL!

im on no medication now either

as when i was prescribed meds for panic attacks it didnt stop them

when i was on medication for depression i felt like an alien (i couldnt become motivated, i couldnt sleep, i had nightmares and i felt so dopey all the time, yet the GP increased them.....this didnt work for me so i took myself off them altogether)

and the same when i went on to mood stabilisers, where i felt i was so wired and out of my skin that i decided to try another approach, which is what i am doing at the mo

does anyone agree that this can work, some days, well in fact at the mo i have experienced about 10 days straight, where i feel "normal" and where i can cope with life

then the odd day, i get fluttery inside, feel nervous, irritated, agitated, or become emotional, but for me, this is more manageable than ever i have experienced for a very long time

i have put on a lot of weight and this has made me feel unwell, its not all over, its mostly confined to the upper stomach area, and i tend to believe it could be my hernia/or the ulcer medication yet i wont go to the dr as when i asked him before he dismissed it, i dont know if this is a reaction to all the medication i have been on in the past 12months

what do others think ?? :mellow:

Yes, I too put on a lot of weight around my stomach (I look 9mths pregnant some days!!!! :blink: ) due to all the different medications I've been on and even though I'm now off them I really struggle to lose this weight, and have also been diagnosed diabetic recently, and I often wonder if it's all related.

Archived