Mental Health Forums

What Medication Are People Taking For Bpd ?

mazer34

Hiya

Im on lamotrigine and temazepam.

I also have olanzapine PRN

Have variously and unsuccssfully tried: (i include their effect)

prozac (twitches)

seroxat (psychosis)

propranolol

lorazepam

haloperidol

clopixol accuphase (hallucinations)

seroquel (acne)

risperidone (restless leg, nausea, sweating)

chlorpomazine (collapse with super fast heartbeat - severe tachycardia)

procyclidine

sodium valproate (vomiting, hair loss, weight gain)

woah, ive really been thorugh them eh

Hiya

Im on lamotrigine and temazepam.

I also have olanzapine PRN

Have variously and unsuccssfully tried: (i include their effect)

prozac (twitches)

seroxat (psychosis)

propranolol

lorazepam

haloperidol

clopixol accuphase (hallucinations)

seroquel (acne)

risperidone (restless leg, nausea, sweating)

chlorpomazine (collapse with super fast heartbeat - severe tachycardia)

procyclidine

sodium valproate (vomiting, hair loss, weight gain)

woah, ive really been thorugh them eh

OMG, that sounds awful, what a cocktail hey !! i have tried some of those, but im so glad that i am now trying without them

ive been on prozac, propranolol, sodium valproate and citalopram, some at the same time as each other

i dont think the dr even checks if things are compatible as i have had to do a lot of research myself online

Yes, I too put on a lot of weight around my stomach (I look 9mths pregnant some days!!!! :blink: ) due to all the different medications I've been on and even though I'm now off them I really struggle to lose this weight, and have also been diagnosed diabetic recently, and I often wonder if it's all related.

thanks for that one whirligig

sometimes my tummy is soft, mostly its hard and it sometimes hurts and yes, my waistband is so tight now that it is uncomfortable

its not on my arms or legs or face or anywhere else and i would seriously have questioned if i were pregnant if i were not to know otherwise :mellow:

I'm on Chlopromazine, and diazepam, which my husband locks in a cupboard, as when I take the diazepam it makes me feel relaxed but happy at the same time, making me want to take more.I have just come off prozac to go on the chlopromazine as it was making me very anxious and making my symptoms worse.To be honest I think people with BPD they just dont know what to give them, I dont think many of the doctors have much insite into it, so just prescribe what they think best.

Gemma

I take 20mgs of Citalopram twice a day, 500mgs Sodium Valproate once a day, i have risperidone as needed and zopiclone for sleep probs.

I used to be on Carbamazapine but it didn't help

Archived