Mental Health Forums

Zoloft/sertaline/lustral

hurtchild

Ok so my psych won´t put me on mirtazapine but thinks Zoloft is better, Zoloft is also known as Sertaline or Lustral.

Im qiute scared of the initial side effects, I hear people throw up on it and the thing is I have a phobia about throwing up.

Anybody experience with this med??

Hurtchild

i was on it and had positive effect, but came off it as i was on highest dose and in end didnt do anything for me. i had no side effects on this med.

hope that helps.

It worked well for me and I didn't have any side effects, it worked for over a year then stopped a bit so they decided to swap it for another one.

Good luck with it!

I got prescribed sertraline for an anxiety related problem a couple of years ago, after the first dose felt strange going to bed I threw up! at 3 am, didnt take another one! sorry if this dosent help, but thats what happened.

I have been on this med since Nov last year and I have rarely had vomiting as a side effect, I think it just depends on whether or not you take it on an empty stomach.

side effects I have had are lessened sex drive. Not that I let that stop me heheheee.

sah

im on sertraline 50mg .. i never felt nauseous or threw up. i was on 150mg but it killed off my orgasms and sex drive, so am now on 50. i found mirtazipine a better anti d than this one but came off that cos i put on so much weight. i have tried loads of ssri s and i dont think they really work that well but im staying on it just in case.

Thank you very much for your replies!

As it turns out though, I can´t take this med after all. When I went to pick it up at the pharmacy they said, we can´t give you this because you are also on pimozide and if you combine the two you could have serious side effects and even die.

I read up online and yes indeed you are not supposed to combine the two.

Im not happy with my psych for prescribing this, she also prescribed the pimozide and even said when we discussed adding an AD that it needed to be something to go with the pimozide and then she goes and prescribes me something that could potentially kill me if I combine it!

So I have to call her again on monday and tell her she made a mistake.

Hurtchild

a lot of these kinds of medicines can have a possibility of nausea and vomiting....I have found personally I haven't had this problem....Zoloft didn't work for me, only because I'm bipolar, and when put on an anti-depressant by itself like that, it doesn't generally work...It worked well for my mom though, people are different

Archived