Mental Health Forums

A Few Steps In The Right Direction.

LadyMacbeth

My dad said for my birthday I can order a bunch of books of Amazon so I ordered a GRE prep book. Need to try and practice math because I am horrendous. I don't think that you guys in the UK have to take the GREs for Grad school. I also ordered another book on Careers and getting into grad school for psychology and counseling. I also ordered a book of techniques to help reduce anxiety and panic attacks. And two self-help books on the Borderline Personality. These should keep me pretty busy.

I need as much help as I can get with practising for the GREs because I am such a bad test taker and even worse. I diagnosed myself with a disorder called discalcula. I wonder if I write on my grad school application I have an learning disability in math they will over see my poor results.

..re the books..

I'm not hot at maths neither! I have CSE grade 1 to my name--2nd time round...they wouldn't let me take o'level! (I'm OLD, eh!)

Now they have tests in maths and english and stuff b4 teacher training college---yeeks I could have got out of it that way!!!

Good luck with it..perhaps there's a maths wizz somewhere on here that could help you?!

lorna

I think with Maths, the only way to get to grasps with it is practise, practise, practise...no other way...

I'm gonna be ordering some books from Amazon as well:

- Get Me Out of Here: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder

- I Hate You - Don't Leave ME: Understanding the Borderline Personality

- Girl, Interrupted

- Meridon

Anyone else has any recommendations, not necessarily BPD-related? :)

I woke up this morning to find a ox from Amazon! Got my GRE book, my panic attack book, and BPD book! Yay! Excited.

I just started reading this book

From Panic to Power"Proven Techniques To Calm Your Anxieties, Conquer Your Fears, And Put You In Control Of Your LIfe. By Lucinda Basset.

She is writing from her own experiences of panic disorder. I feel like I am readng about myself. Its makes me feel I am not a lone in my obsessive thinking. You can find it on Amazon. I do recommend it I am already on chapter 3.

Archived