Mental Health Forums

Tamsil Vs Lexapro.

Warrior Princess

I've been put on Tamsil (terbinafine hyrdochloride 250 mg) which I've been told by the GP and my pshcye will counter effect my dosage of lexapro (escitalopram 20 mg) and will increase the effectiveness of the lexapro because it apparently effects the sertonine inhibitors. Because of this my Phyche wants me to reduce my dosage to 10 mg until I'm off the Tamsil.

This is worrying me becuase since being on the 20 mg things have been much better for me. My depressions have been less and not lasted as long and I've had so much relief since going up to 20 mg. I know that now being on 10 with the tamsil will be similiar to being on the 20 but I'm still worried and scared to reduce my lexapro. At times when I have neglected myself and gone off it I've had side effects, dizziness etc. I also just don't want to crash!

I know I should listen to my doctors and follow thier instructions but I am just feeling anxious about it all. Last night I took my first Tamsil and decided that for tonight I would stick with the 20 mg and take 10 tonight.

I don't really know what the purpose of this post is other than just getting those thoughts out of my system.

Paine.

Archived