Mental Health Forums

I've Had A Stroke

Vorpalblade

Hi, i went to Bulgaria on the 3rd for my holiday

Had to see the doctor 6 ties there due to excruciating head cramps.

Been in hospital daily since we got back.

BP is very high, like 190/120

They believe i have had a stroke, a mini stroke

I'm 31.

Not on computer much as i am very photophobic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vorpalblade

• bibiddi

• Lily-Bee

• moontrees

So sorry to hear that, i hope your feeling better soon. x

My g/f had a stroke at 17 due to an illness that causes blood clots cant remember the name. Shes now 25 and had made a full recovery and proved the doctors wrong when they told her she'll never drive or car or ride a motor bike she does both. Lol

Much love

Kerry

xx

Im really sorry to hear that Bladey. Try to look after yourself, and follow the docs instructions. I don't know much about it but I believe they can be treated well? I hope so

rebeccaborderline

Hey -

Do what the docs say to do. Get all the rest you can. Let us know how things are going for you,

hope that you will be better soon. Take care.

Marchmadness

Really sorry to hear about your stroke, especialy after all you have ben through recently and how much you needed your holiday. Are they investigating why you had a stroke so young? are your heads still very painful? I hope you are getting plenty of support, and pain releif if you need it.

I had a stroke at 39, eventually found to be due to thrombophilia, caused by a genetic blood disorder called protein C deficiency-quite a major cause of stroke in young people. I was paralysed but can now walk fine with just a stick, they said the younger you are the better you recover, whtever the cause of the stroke: I hope this will prove to be the case for you.

Now more than ever it is time to really look out for your own needs and be as kind to yourself as your bpd will allow.

take good care, :hug2:

izzy

hi hun sorry to hear that, i know you were dreading the holiday and sorry it didn't go better for you. Hope things start picking up for you soon tc.

thznks all

ye, head still very painful

pss. due to me starting on the contraceptive pill 3 weeks ago, GP failed to check my GP bbefore he prescribed it.

Dont really know you but wanted to wish you well. Must have been scary for you, hope you feel better soon.

god thats awful, mustve been really scary, am wishing youa full recovery, hugs ivy x

Blood pressure has been down some past 2 days, looks like i am over the worst. so tired though, it been a long two weeks.

just realised i missed a letter out in my title lol

...well Im sure you would have preferred to go to Stoke....

(on the other hand...)

rebeccaborderline

Archived