Mental Health Forums

I've Had A Stroke

Vorpalblade

Hi Blade,

Hope your feeling better. If your not keeping food down still please go back to hospital. Too long with such severe pain cannot be good for you.

TC.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vorpalblade

• bibiddi

• Lily-Bee

• moontrees

Blade I really hope you can get the care you need right now. It seems at the moment you are suffering needlessly. Blood pressure being that high is extremely dangerous too!

Vorp.have you been to hospital today?

If not,I suggest you go immediately.

This seems to be too serious to wait til the gp's appointment tomorrow.

no i havent been to hospital.

things have actually improed on the sick front, not been sick today and have been able to eat.

have lost almost 2 stone now since 6th August..hmm

Had a really bad headd this afternoon though, kinda migraine and really disorientated. just had

dinner and it appears to be lifting.

1.30 tomorrow i am at the docs..will see what happens.

ty for caring

been to docs, saw my dx written on the screen...scary

been put on aspirin to keep my blood thin...this of course has implications for my s/h

BP was ok

have to stay on the BP tablets indefinitely.

im managed to get out of the house twice today...docs and pharmacy and ive managed to not have a nap, so things must be improving a little.

tried to contact my union as i need to work out whether to tll work (school) that i have had a stroke.

dont want to because they already have a whole list of my problems, dont want to add to it for fear

of it affecting my job status.

but, on the flipside, maybe they need to know in case i have another at school, or with the kids raising my

BP..

hmm

(((bladey)))

Haven't been around much and missed this thread until now. I am so sorry to hear how ill you have been. I would tell work because not telling them would be another stress for you. What can they do? Maybe they could help ease your work load? Imo time off would be a good idea at the moment until the docs can get this under control.

Please try to take care of you and be extra safe cos aspirin really does thin the blood! Hope that things soon look up for you, it seems you have had so much to cope with and I am crossing everything in the hope that you will feel better soon.

Even when I don't get on here I am thinking of you.

tc

mort x

thanks.

still have this constant headache, been 2 or 3 weeks now. going to try get to the doctor tomorrow to talk about it.

so can i ask why are you not atill in hospital as that is 90% of the time the case, i hope you get really well soon and your not going to die tc.

they dont keep you in long-term with a mini stroke, just big strokes :) they just keep you in long enough to do CT/MRI scans, get BP down & get you out.

Archived