Mental Health Forums

17 Day Fast

ftfrgrl

i honestly can't bear the feeling of having food in my stomach . it drives me crazy....... when i am restricting and loosing i feel so much more able to face life...

today i am starting a 17 day water only fast. it shall be the longest i have fasted on water only.

how much weight do you think you would loose in this period of time?

i worked out that i could loose about 8kgs which is about 20lbs

please god do not let me fail at this.............

you might lose weight quickly but you will only put it back on and more when you eat again. There is no need for anyone to go on a 17 day water fast, all it will do is mess up their mental health and cause harm to body (heart will be strained and over working, brain wont function correctly, you will be lethargic etc)

I hope you do fail at it (sorry if that seem mean) as that will mean your body wont be getting punished.

tgc and perhaps go and see dr and get help for this disorder, i know its horrid to live with (been there and done that) but hard work will pay off and eating healthy and properly is only way to lose weight and keep it off.

I have been there. I struggled with anorexia for a couple of years but then went to other way and ended up with binge eating disorder.

Anyway please listen to us who have been through this. Don´t do this to yourself.

Did you know that not eating makes you more depressed in the end, you will feel more in control yes but you won´t really be happier. It doesnt really solve your problems it just adds a new problem. An eating disorder and maybe medical problems if you do this to yourself.

Why not see a doc about this and work on this disorder?? You can learn to be happy and healthy without having to do this to yourself.

Lilly

i honestly can't bear the feeling of having food in my stomach . it drives me crazy....... when i am restricting and loosing i feel so much more able to face life...

today i am starting a 17 day water only fast. it shall be the longest i have fasted on water only.

how much weight do you think you would loose in this period of time?

i worked out that i could loose about 8kgs which is about 20lbs

please god do not let me fail at this.............

I can relate to how you feel. I hate how I feel when I've eaten too. The longest I have gone on a water only diet was 7 days and to be honest, I did not lose that much weight over it. I found that when I did eat again the body just did a 'catch up' on me so it was all a waste.

I do understand though. I feel terrible right this minute becasue I ate all my dinner. I'm currently in a moment of hate for doing that but I'm trying to remind myself that it's actually ok to eat. That I won't turn into a giant just because I ate one sensible meal.

I really need to excercise more...

Sorry that I am not much help. I'm in the same boat as you right now.

paine.

• 2 weeks later...

hello I am recovering from Annorexia Nervousa - well I say recovering but still regularly mentally go through the grind.

with regards to your 17 day fast I want to make a suggestion to keep you safer than just water. if you do go along with this would you consider buying some hard boiled sweets and have at least three a day. the idea is that you suck them - dont chew. I am probably giving you a heart attack already but if you dont eat ANYTHING for 17 days your blood sugar COULD drop so low that you end up really ill.

think about it three sweets a day will NOT put an ounce on you but it will keep a tiny bit of sugar in your blood to lessen any serious damage that might occur from a very low blood sugar level.

I have no idea how bad you are but I lost a friend last year because her blood sugar was so low - she was in a coma for weeks.

but other than this I DO understand how uncomfortable this suggestion might be but I dont want to be reading here in 17 days time that you are really, really ill ok.

As a rule if you dont eat for three weeks or more you would die. I hope you have thought this through, maybe considering some fruit and lots of water a day. Maybe a vitaman tablet to.

Your choice of course. I wish you well.

How much do you weigh ftfrgrl? You should only even attempt this if you weigh over 10 stone. Then it is about keeping yourself feeling well. personally, i think that controlling your weight is important. I spent most of my life at 7 and a half stone. i couldn't gain weight, but could happily not eat, and lose weight, but I didn't fall into the trap of losing weight. (well maybe a little down to 7 stone). I decided one day that I would binge eat, even though I hated food. I ate everything that I could see.. and it was just like that.. I got a jug, and filled it with cold gravy, raw egg, mustard, ketchup, put pepper on it, and just drank it down. It was so horrible that I could then easily eat anything like proper food. So I then ate three tins of Heinz spaghetti, and made an omelette sandwhich. I wanted to reach 10 and a half stone, and I set that as my target. Now this would be 3 stone more than I had ever weighed in my life. I got to 10 and a half stone, but I felt better by losing half a stone to get to 10 stone. I now like to weigh myself a lot, and stay exactly at the same weight each day.

I am just wandering if anybody has tried making a horrible mix of food like that? It certainly makes other food more apetising afterwards. But you have to drink it with determination, and you have to feel proud that you dared to drink it, and maybe do it in front of witnesses, and make them feel that you ate/drank something that they couldn't have done...

It worked for me anyway.

Hi

I can understand exactly how you feel about having food in your stomach and how it makes you feel horrible. It makes me feel physicaaly sick and disgusted about myself and dirty as if i have done something really wrong, i know i hav cos i have had food, but please, think about what you are doing, it will harm you in the long terms. I wish i could do it too, but now i eat cos i have to not out of choice. Its a horrible place to be at and i hope you can see it. I wish i could help you more, cos i know what it feels like to have food inside and really really hate it, i hate it all the time and it makes a worthless horrible person, but when i don't eat i feel fantastic, but it isn't the answer. Please, please take care

love chealsea

Archived