Mental Health Forums

Psyc With Dad Tomorow

Daisy

Rather nervous, upset, anxious, concered, worried.

tommorow morning 9:15am my Dad, myself and my Psyciatrist are going to talk together.

its taken me a LONG time to get the courage to ask Dad to come nad see my PsycDr and my Dr has waited for me to get the courage to ask cause its the best thing to do it in my own time.

I live with my father now and i guess we see a lot more of each other then we used too. my dad has depression and if it is herriditory any of my problems he knows its from his side of the family, but under NO circumsances do i blame my dad for anything.

We just have things we need to deal with, like His dad's abuse to me and even him when he was younger....like his verbal abuse when we were kids, his affiars, his twisted validation on things..most of all i think DAD NEEDS to know that I have days were im not ok.

Im not 100% sure waht dr will say but he asked me if thier was anything i DIDNT want him to say nad i said NO so ill leave it up to dr and i trust him. I do hope he doenst say much about self harm and stuff but in the real world i kinda wouldnt mind if he did cause then maybe dad will know and i wont have ot hide it so much. i dont know.

rather anxious for sure

argh.....

wish me luck.

Daisy.

Good luck Daisy. I am sure everything will be fine. Your psychiatrist may not tell your father about the SI unless you give permission. But, whatever the case you dad does care and wants to help you. Let us know how it goes.

Love,

LM

Hey Daisy,

I can see you growing more every day.

Letting your dad in is a huge step im sure.

But its clear he cares a lot about you now and you never know you may get a lot more support from him after the meeting.

Just a word of caution though, your father may need a little time alone after the appointment before he can talk to you about it. It is very hard to hear that your childs life is not great without feeling guilty, even if there is no need to feel guilt.

So if he backs away for a while dont think he doesnt care :)

I will be thinking of you.

xxx

Archived