Mental Health Forums

Any Forums Out There For Carers

tinacee1

I am the mum of someone who has just been told they may have schizophrenia. I was wondering if there were any forums like this one where carers/parents etc can talk to each other. Thanks.

I am the mum of someone who has just been told they may have schizophrenia. I was wondering if there were any forums like this one where carers/parents etc can talk to each other. Thanks.

How about it, Joshua? I think it's a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I know in Australia there are support networks, not necessarily websites or forums for carers. ARAFMI (Association of Relatives And Friends of the Mentally Ill) has been a great resource to hubby.

I have the illness but I do voluntary work for The North Derbyshire Forum for Mental Health Carers, I can put you in touch if you feel you need to, we send out news letters and meet on the last Wednesday of the month in Chesterfield and there are 6 groups called Stress Busters where members can go for just a chat, a facial or nails done or a massage it costs nothing and travel expenses are paid there are also refreshments laid on. It is a wonderful group and they are very supportive. My email adress is joanhill@uwclub.net HOpe this helps

Archived