Mental Health Forums

A Feeling.

kysweetheart2002

all through my life I had this feeling like there was something wrong with me. Like everybody else could see it but I couldn't. Like everyone knew I had a problem but it was invisible to me. When I would question my family about this they would look at me like I was crazy (if that is the appropriate word) and deny it. Other times I felt like I was meant to do greater things in life then what I was doing, but mainly the feeling of something being wrong with me was there. I just didn't know what it was. Before you were diagnosed with anything did you ever go through anything like this? or was that just me?

I think lots of people on here have experiences this. I know I have. I used to lay in bed as a child and think something is wrong and I need help but I didnt know what was wrong or how to explain it so I never told anybody.

Lilly

have felt like there was something wrong for the past year, but didnt kno what or how 2 explain it.. but realised what it was when i read up about BPD an did an online test.

i still havent been diagnosed with it because i havent been 2 any doc etc, but am goin soon.

Ya, I know what you mean. My whole life I've been told I'm weird! And well, I knew there was just something wrong, it made me sad because I didn't know what it was. Now I know what the problem is but I still feel sad and different.

I can relate to this too. Even as a small child I was constantly questioned about certain behaviours and then left feeling so inferior to everyone else. I knew something was wrong and I needed help but I didn't understand how or why. It took until I was in my mid teens to finally stand up and say I needed help.

yeah definatly, i always thought there was soemthign wrong with, something I couldn't quite identify or explain. to me it was like when i saw a person with severe learning disabilities, i thought that they wouldn't have any awareness that they were any different and i could relate that to me.

i was also told a lot when i was younger that I was weird, i still get told it on the odd occassion. i've always thought there is something different or perhaps not quite right about me but at the same time felt like a was/am destined for something great...

I used to go to bed at night and worry and get agitated and become anxiuos.

I knew there was sommat wrong especially as i had reccurrant night mares also of death and being attacked and things not being right. I also used to see colours on my wall. In a freaky kind of way though.

Knew i was a worrier and i knew things werent right.

Eva xx

I knew there was sommat wrong especially as i had reccurrant night mares also of death and being attacked and things not being right. I also used to see colours on my wall. In a freaky kind of way though.

Eva xx

I would also do strange thing like smash my bedroom to pieces. Rip my socks. Wee in the corner of the bedroom.

I remember feeling screwed up.

Eva xx

I would also do strange thing like smash my bedroom to pieces. Rip my socks. Wee in the corner of the bedroom.

I remember feeling screwed up.

I used to. Not do now.

I have the exact opposite problem. All my life i knew there was something seriously wrong with me but everyone, friends, family, coworkers, classmates, neighbors, thought i was ok..better than ok. I was the best student, the good kid, the loyal friend...I was amazed that they couldn't see my hurt, my flaws, my pain...I always felt i lived a double life..and still do but as i became an adult my ability to hide my problems worsened..Now everyone pretty much sees the real me (whoever that is) after talking to me...

Archived