Mental Health Forums

Advice Please

seafree

I need some advice! I've been through just about every antidepressant in the book- ok so not quite. Prozac, Sertraline, Mirtazapine, Citalopram, Zispin...you name it. The only one thats made the slightest difference and given me a lift has been the citalopram. However, the downfall to this is that i cant sleep- argggghhhhhh. With every other med the side effects have been horrendous, i have none on this other than it makes me feel like i've necked a full jar of coffee. But that's great! I feel alive! But i don't want to be feeling alive and crawling the walls 24 hours a day 7 days a week! I get so addicted to sleeping tablets so thats a no go area too.

I daren't ask my GP for something else :huh: although i'm not on anything at the moment (silly Jess took herself off them) so it shouldn't really matter should it?

It can be such a struggle can´t it to find meds that work for you.

My advise would be to see if you can see a psychiatrist about this, can your GP refer you?

The thing is that psychiatrists just know more about these kind of meds and what might help you then most GPs do.

I myself have been on 14 different kind of meds until I met a psychiatrist who decided that maybe I didnt need an anti depressant but an anti psychotic and it worked! It has helped me in many ways.

Im not saying you also need an anti psychotic, Im not a doctor. Im just saying a psychiatrist might have better idea´s about what to try then a GP does.

Lilly

Archived