Mental Health Forums

Here We Go.....

Ginny

I am so shitting myself right now - I am finally starting DBT today and I am absolutely panic stricken.. It is such a physical feeling I dont know if I'll make it up the steps and into the Therapy Group. I dont know how I will feel about meeting other BPD'ers.....I have never met one face to face... I am scared that I will just clam up and say nothing - not very productive huh? I havent even met the Therapist - how can I possibly trust her to help me. I think I will have to take a lot of Valium before I go or I will fall in a heap - this is just SO SO SO frightening!!!! I can hardly breathe writing this - god, how am I gonna cope???? This is a breakthrough for me - finding the right therapy at last - and now I feel like I have taken on too much. But - I DO wanna get well - this is such a conflict of emotions - I cant stand it......

Ginny :( :unsure:

((((Ginny))))

I will bet you a hundred cyber dollars that you will get in there and realize "Oh, this is not as bad as I thought it would be!" Remember (and I have to tell myself this when I go see the therapist next week) it is just a feeling you are not going to die. You are such a strong person and you have helped so many people out on this forum that I can see you being very sucessful in group therapy. You may end up loving it or liking it and you may meet some great people in the meantime!

I can also bet that other new group members are shitting themselves to. Its scary but once you step in that door you will calm down and then by the end of the session you will be happy you went.

As you said YOU WANNA GET WELL!!!!!!!! If you have a panic attack in therapy...guess what...best place to have one because you can be calmed right down by a trained professional. Liek my therapist tells its physically impossible for your body to sustain in that state. Um..do me a favour...when I go see the therapist and I am a basket case...throw my words back in my face...thanx...You go to that session with your head held up high because you are getting better babe.

I want to hear everything about it!!!! As long as you want to talk about it.

Love you,

Emma :hug2:

Aren't you just the best little Lady in the world!!!!! Thankyou so much for your encouragement - I just hope it all goes off okay - and yes, I DO wanna get well. You sweetie, I love ya....

Ginny :wub::wub: :wub:

Ginny,

They are all going to be new too. And even if you don't utter one word it will be of benifit. It is the begining of new realizations for you!

Besides if you want to you can cram us all in your pocket and we'll go with you.

Like LM I would like to hear what happened when you come back.

(((((((((((((((((((( Ginny )))))))))))))))))))))))

bets

Gin,

Thats an idea...put us in your pocket and take us along and we will calm you down in spirit.

Will be thinking of you. What time is your appt.? Remind me of the time difference so I can think of you at that time.

Thanks SO much bets - believe me - you WILL all be with me - I think I will probably be repeating all your names like a little prayer in my head. Thankyou for caring enough to post back to me Betsy - I really appreciate it - and I WILL let you guys know how it all went..... :unsure:

Thanks honey - (((((Bets))))

Ginny :wub::wub: :wub:

hi ginny,

sorry I twasnt about last night, woz working one woz!

ooooh, i hope it went good. bit late for the old encouragement 'it will be fine' so i'll just say

snuggly wuggly huggelys

love ya

claire

xx

Hi Ginny...

WOW Starting DBT is a HUGE STEP but I tell u ive done the first module and even after all the anxiety the inital panic, the major scared feeling hwen u meat a BPD who can actaully UNDERSTAND your feelings a little in person, trusting a new therapist, signing contracts (as im sure thier was plenty of that on first day) and much more it iS SO WORTH IT.

I hope that it went well as im sure you would have gone by now judging from the times listed.

let us know how you go.

its the road to getting better and your on it...

Hugs and good Luck

Daisy.

Archived