Mental Health Forums

Rant...'creative Pathways'.....

blue_au

blue au has a right to express her frustration about not being able to afford services she would love to access. She doesn't have to be 100% logical about the capitalist world we live in.

am interested to know if Blue has also complained the the private health care system over in Oz about how unfiar it is that she cant access their services. oh and what about the local supermarket..they have the audacity to expect people to pay for the groceries too..

IMO this crew is just another tool the for 'affulenza' depression crisis...not much chop for those in genuine need of long term, free, constistant support and care...to me this is kind of like Doctors Without Borders cashing in and charging the starving babies for the food and treatment they give...it sucks :(

Lisa, that's an ad hominem attack by proxy, not a rant. It's not okay. It's masked as a diatribe against the capitalist system of healthcare, but the entire thing, in tone and content, essentially calls the purveyor of Creative Pathways a whore. You can't say something like that and not expect consequences.

Perhaps there's no way Blue could have brought up this issue--which seems so dear to her--without a reaction from Josh. He has a lot personally invested and reacted strongly, perhaps too strongly, what with the "all I get is a slap in the mouth" comment. But there's a better way to bring an issue up when faced with something that reacts strongly with one's personal views. An example:

"This service reminds me of an issue I have in general with the pay-as-you-go healthcare system..." And so on.

Right there we have a topic for debate without stepping on anyone's toes too heavily.

Just my two shekels.

blah blah blah , this is getting boring to read all these people arguing !! I thought this was a friendly site too !! A lot of angry people seem to be leaving and joining other groups !! I wonder why ???? :angry:

IMO this crew is just another tool the for 'affulenza' depression crisis...not much chop for those in genuine need of long term, free, constistant support and care...to me this is kind of like Doctors Without Borders cashing in and charging the starving babies for the food and treatment they give...it sucks :(

Lisa, that's an ad hominem attack by proxy, not a rant. It's not okay. It's masked as a diatribe against the capitalist system of healthcare, but the entire thing, in tone and content, essentially calls the purveyor of Creative Pathways a whore. You can't say something like that and not expect consequences.

Perhaps there's no way Blue could have brought up this issue--which seems so dear to her--without a reaction from Josh. He has a lot personally invested and reacted strongly, perhaps too strongly, what with the "all I get is a slap in the mouth" comment. But there's a better way to bring an issue up when faced with something that reacts strongly with one's personal views. An example:

"This service reminds me of an issue I have in general with the pay-as-you-go healthcare system..." And so on.

Right there we have a topic for debate without stepping on anyone's toes too heavily.

Just my two shekels.

I completely see your point, but I think a lot of the things we say and do that seem over the top are simply regurgitations of bad stuff that has happened to us in the past, and I'm not saying that this is the right way to react to things but if we are aware that we are doing it we have a chance of getting over it, not everybody is fortunate enough to be in the position within their recovery, that they can deal with the 'real' issues. God, I don't seem to be able to explain myself very clearly, do I? I suppose it's a reflection of my state of mind that I panic when people argue!! I don't necessarily agree with what Blue is saying and I certainly don't believe the 'purveyor of Creative Pathways' to be a whore. I'm fortunate enough to have received a lot of help from the NHS, I really have no reason to complain, but I do know of people 'out there' that don't get the sort of support that I do and if they had more money this wouldn't be an issue for them.

And for the record, I aint a suck up..me and Josh are always falling out, but as

with anyone if i see them being treat unfairly i will jump up and defend them.

aahhh bladey, was that a moment? where is martine with her song....

blah blah blah , this is getting boring to read all these people arguing !! I thought this was a friendly site too !! A lot of angry people seem to be leaving and joining other groups !! I wonder why ????

This drives me mad. If people want to go, as gloria says, walk out the door....

Hey

You got the money you get the best of the best, who also pander to ppl who have issues over broken false nails.

You dont- you wait, you wait, you wait. You get what's left over.......

Have I completely missed the point here?

Oops, sorry!

Erica

X

I completely see your point, but I think a lot of the things we say and do that seem over the top are simply regurgitations of bad stuff that has happened to us in the past, and I'm not saying that this is the right way to react to things but if we are aware that we are doing it we have a chance of getting over it, not everybody is fortunate enough to be in the position within their recovery, that they can deal with the 'real' issues. God, I don't seem to be able to explain myself very clearly, do I? I suppose it's a reflection of my state of mind that I panic when people argue!! I don't necessarily agree with what Blue is saying and I certainly don't believe the 'purveyor of Creative Pathways' to be a whore. I'm fortunate enough to have received a lot of help from the NHS, I really have no reason to complain, but I do know of people 'out there' that don't get the sort of support that I do and if they had more money this wouldn't be an issue for them.

Lisa, you're explaining yourself wonderfully. And I see your point of view.

I understand why people say things around here--and elsewhere. But just because we have this mental illness does not excuse us from our behaviors--it only explains them. We can't use BPD as a crutch, no matter the temptation. We have to own what we do and accept consequences for our actions, if any.

That said, when we do feel and do things we're not too proud of, this is the perfect place to go to for support. My problem is that when one member attacks another--even if it's the guy running the place--the environment here becomes that much less safe.

(And as an aside, I personally am beginning to have the opinion--based upon what people say here, since I'm from new York--that the MHS system in the UK is pretty much broken. And I guess it's been broken for a while, since all my friends who have spent any time in England tend to agree with this statement. This is upsetting to me, since mental illness is every bit as debilitating as physical illness and needs to be treated with respect and resources.)

Lisa, you're explaining yourself wonderfully. And I see your point of view.

I understand why people say things around here--and elsewhere. But just because we have this mental illness does not excuse us from our behaviors--it only explains them. We can't use BPD as a crutch, no matter the temptation. We have to own what we do and accept consequences for our actions, if any.

That said, when we do feel and do things we're not too proud of, this is the perfect place to go to for support. My problem is that when one member attacks another--even if it's the guy running the place--the environment here becomes that much less safe.

(And as an aside, I personally am beginning to have the opinion--based upon what people say here, since I'm from new York--that the MHS system in the UK is pretty much broken. And I guess it's been broken for a while, since all my friends who have spent any time in England tend to agree with this statement. This is upsetting to me, since mental illness is every bit as debilitating as physical illness and needs to be treated with respect and resources.)

Thanks Cheesewright!

I wonder how much people not only expect to receive things for nothing but also expect someone else to cure them.

I know we're all different but what I have found most helpful has been the help I found and gave to myself, and complimentary therapies. There are many resources out there other than solely the NHS and having counselling. I found counselling training helped me far more than having counselling and because I was on benefits, that was free.

By the way, we also have a recovery forum...I used to post in there but so few visit that forum...I think that says a lot.

So, if you can't afford the services on offer, why not do something about finding other ways to recover that either don't cost or are affordable? People will say that they have tried but I'm yet to meet anyone who has really tried that many alternatives.

if u want something u normally have to work for it

i am sure if josh could afford to he would offer this service free ( though i dont read minds ) thats just my thoughts of the work i have seen him and his collegues do

perhaaps blue u could find some one to sponsor you or aplly for dla

i am sorry that at the more moment u can not access this due to funds

also perhaps u could look at organistaions near u and see if they offer any similiar stuff perhaps a befrienders scheme

good luck

well josh i hope the pathways is a sucuss

Archived