Mental Health Forums

Anorexia Diagnosis I Never Knew About?!

Pebble_4444

Hi, I've just come back from the doctors regarding a completey separate issue (nothing related to my colourful mental health history) and while I was waiting for the doctor I glanced at the screen and he had my past history up there. Alongside OCD, BPD, GAD and depression (which I already was aware of) I noticed that 4 months ago a diagnosis of Atypical Anorexia Nervosa had been added by my GP! I was stunned. I mean I know I have eating issues but it has never really reached a point where I felt it deserved a diagnosis! I felt like saying something but I managed to control my temper for once and walked out without any confrontation. Can they do that???? Issue an official diagnosis and not mention it to you. Its not even like they were going to tell me when they next saw my or anything...it was diagnosed 4 months ago!!!! I am absolutely livid right now. I feel let down, betrayed, iv lost all my trust in the NHS and I am about to go off and babysit two little kids and im not in the best frame of mind! Look what they are doing to me! I havnt felt this MAD for ages!!!!

Sorry about the rant but im so so so angry. Has anyone out there ever experienced anything similar or is it just me? Please help me. I feel im about to expolde with months of pent up anger regarding this eating disorder thing and everything else! help...anyone...?

Katie

XXXX

I understand how you feel but I dont think they meant to betray you. Sometimes they think its better not to mention a diagnoses which could be for several reasons.

I think that whatever reason they did not tell you, they meant well.

Why not ask them about this and tell them how it made you feel. See if you can work it out?

Lilly

Archived