Mental Health Forums

Another Fast And Surgery

ftfrgrl

hi, i have been fasting water only for 5 days now and have surgery scheduled in another five days time to have a tumor removed. i was wondering if my fasting would affect the general anesthetic i will be having? i was thinking of having about 400 cals today then doing my normal 5 day water only from tonight. as i shall feel so sick after surgery and almost definately wake up with somekind of nourishment dripping into me i guess i could extend this fast to about 10 days as the drip will have cals in it even if i don't actually eat anything.

what is the max amount of weight any of you has lost in a period of time?

also what is the longest period of time you have water fasted or consumed less than 300 cals a day for?

also, at what bmi do they hospitalise you in your countries?

thanks

ftfrgrl

Fasting that much before surgery is not good it can cause complications like organ failure and such.

I suggest you tell the doc beforehand you have been fasting so that they can take this into account and make sure you will be ok.

Of course obviously I suggest you do eat also.............

Have you thought about getting help for your anorexia??

Lilly

Fasting that much before surgery is not good it can cause complications like organ failure and such.

I suggest you tell the doc beforehand you have been fasting so that they can take this into account and make sure you will be ok.

Of course obviously I suggest you do eat also.............

Have you thought about getting help for your anorexia??

Lilly

hi, thanks for that. i do get help and have done for some time. to much help probs. i just never seem to reach a stage of recovery........ thanks for your kind answers

Archived