Mental Health Forums

Seizures

pinklady66

I started getting seizures almost three years ago following a car accident. At first they were really bad. I was hospitalized for them a few times. I mean they were huge and long lasting. I have even had the buggers in my sleep.

I went for all kinds of tests and nothing showed up to suggest seizures. I was told that seizures weren't real. The docs called them psydeu seizures...ones that are brought on by stress. What was weird about them was that the damn things happened to me in any given situation, not just stress.

I have had the run around with them. First the damn things are stress related, then they are actually real...back and forth.

My doc isn't sure if they are real, or if I just have plain old epilepsy. I am meds for the seizures and so far I haven't had any major ones. I just have the small tics which my doc says they are a part of it. I know have been dx as having a seizure disorder.

fun eh?

I sometimes hyperventilate when I'm really upset...little crying fits...Not the same as what you're describing though...

Archived