Mental Health Forums

Newbie In Need....

truly_annie

:mellow: Hello all fellow users. My name is truly_annie and I am 20/ f/ surrey. I hope to make friends on here and share my thoughts and feelings with others aswell as help others with the info and stuff I have gained from being in the mental health system for the last 7 years. Ok, that was a rather long sentence.... sorry!

Im feeling rather crap tonight. My mum is ill and I usually depend on her a lot so I dont have her to support me at the moment. So im feeling a bit like a lost sheep. I recently came out of hospital (psych) and have just started to try and rebuild my life; working, driving lessons, voluntary work, applying for uni, college etc. I do fear im taking on too much though.

Im so fed up with borderline personality disorder. It rules my life! Thanks for listening. I dont want to post too much all at once. Take care,

TA xxxx

i understand where you are coming from annie and i think you will find this site offers a lot of support to ppl with BPD

just reach out and someone will reply

there does seem to be a lot happening at the mo in your life, and perhaps in order to cope, some things will have to be prioritised

i hope your mum recovers soon and that you manage to stabilise your emotions and fears in order to cope and to stay strong

sorry if im not making a whole lot of sense, but someone on the site was posting unnecessary comments, which rattled me enough to comment on and usually i havent found that kind of negativity here so i hope you find your feet and feel welcomed enough to be able to reach out to others

best wishes

Yeah thanks a lot feistymiss, it was great to get a reply so quickly and one that offerred so much support, thankyou. Yes, i may have to prioritise. I just feel like I want to be superwoman.... to try and get everything done otherwise im not good enough. Thnaks again,

TA XXXX

Hey

I am sorry to hear you have been through such a hard time recently, and I hope your mum gets better soon. Just keep taking little steps hun, its good you are looking forward to the future.

sunshinex

Thanks bear, yeah im trying to look towards the future. I really dont wanna end up in hospital again. Have had enough of living my life in acute units and having no control. Will try to keep on top of things. TAxxx

nice to meet you :)

I understand the feeling of wanting to do certain things and then setting the standards too high.

I did this often and always ended up having some sort of break down because I asked too much of myself and so I have learned to take little steps and be proud of myself when doing those.

Maybe you can learn from my mistakes and go easier on yourself now instead of later when things become too much for you.

You are a good person just as you are and you don´t have to do things to prove that.

Lilly

Hi -

Glad to see you on the site, don't worry about posting too much. You can post

as much as you need to. We will be here to listen. You sound like you really

are trying hard to get yourself back together and a stay in the hospital. Good

for you. Take your time tho, one step at a time, as long as you keep moving

forward doesn't matter how long it takes.

Marchmadness

• 3 months later...

Hi, its me trulyannie again... im back now.. spent the last few months in psychiatric hospital and thats why i havent been on here at all. Things are okay i guess but just last week i took a lithium overdose and winded up in general hospital. Luckily i didnt get sectioned so i am trying again at life now. I am a member of OASIS which is a support network for people with personality disorders in my community so i know i am very lucky to have that.

Thanks everyone who welcomed me last time... it was nice to feel accepted.

Ill try and be around much more to help out with ppls questions and hopefully you guys can help me too.

Love Laura xxxx :rolleyes:

:mellow: Hello all fellow users. My name is truly_annie and I am 20/ f/ surrey. I hope to make friends on here and share my thoughts and feelings with others aswell as help others with the info and stuff I have gained from being in the mental health system for the last 7 years. Ok, that was a rather long sentence.... sorry!

Im feeling rather crap tonight. My mum is ill and I usually depend on her a lot so I dont have her to support me at the moment. So im feeling a bit like a lost sheep. I recently came out of hospital (psych) and have just started to try and rebuild my life; working, driving lessons, voluntary work, applying for uni, college etc. I do fear im taking on too much though.

Im so fed up with borderline personality disorder. It rules my life! Thanks for listening. I dont want to post too much all at once. Take care,

TA xxxx

:D welcome

Hi, its me trulyannie again... im back now.. spent the last few months in psychiatric hospital and thats why i havent been on here at all. Things are okay i guess but just last week i took a lithium overdose and winded up in general hospital. Luckily i didnt get sectioned so i am trying again at life now. I am a member of OASIS which is a support network for people with personality disorders in my community so i know i am very lucky to have that.

Ill try and be around much more to help out with ppls questions and hopefully you guys can help me too.

TA xxxx

Thanks myzty x :)

:D welcome

TA xxxx

Hi Laura, I just noticed we share a birthday....wonder if our difficulties stem, in part, from being Geminis :-)

Hi -

Glad to see you on the site, don't worry about posting too much. You can post

as much as you need to. We will be here to listen. You sound like you really

are trying hard to get yourself back together and a stay in the hospital. Good

for you. Take your time tho, one step at a time, as long as you keep moving

forward doesn't matter how long it takes.

Marchmadness

Try quiting some of your activities for the time being eg voluntary work. With driving, take fewer lessons (drive automatic if possible - its alot easier and faster to learn) consider doing part-time work or uni until you feel you can cope with either full-time.

Welcome truly_annie. It does seem like you have taken a lot on, but I wish you all the best with it, don't worry if you have to put some things on the back burner for a while though if the pressure gets to much. Best to look out for yourself eh?

It was last october when i took all them things on, now i am pretty much slobbing around... going to a few groups and spending too much!

Yeah neil, maybe it has something to do with being a gemini lol.

Thanks eveyone for the welcome xx

Archived