Mental Health Forums

!swengnikcufdab

pain-dance

I've just had to withdraw from an Access to Maths and Science course I had started in September, as I have been yet another having a manic/depressive episode. No damage has been done, but I will be getting so far behind on my work that I'll be out of my depth once I had returned to college, as the course is taught at a fast and furious pace. I think I'll chill out until after Christmas, then look for a part-time voluntary job, which should be more managable.

I've been put back on Propranalol, as I get severe side-effects with conventional psychiatric drugs, but then I don't mind mood-swings as long there are non of the agitated/reactive/violent elements that I have had in the past.

I am thinking of appealing against my "Mixed Personality Disorder" diagnosis: I think the doctors are pissing up the wrong tree and this could have serious implications for my future treatment if this is the case.

That is a shame you had to withdraw from your course, however perhaps just chilling out might do you the world of good.

Are you able to get a second opinion regarding your diagnosis? It might be worthwhile investing in for the long run.

Sorry to hear this news!

You seem to be taking it really well though! How good!

You are calm and you have a plan.

You could have freaked out but you didnt!!

Lilly

Sorry to hear this news!

You seem to be taking it really well though! How good!

You are calm and you have a plan.

You could have freaked out but you didnt!!

Lilly

Thanks, Tripper and Lilly. I knew full well that I was taking a risk with my health, so, yes, I did have a game plan for if things went wrong. My attitude is that if you're going to take a gamble with your health or your wealth, make sure you can afford to lose. Although my moods are bouncing around, the Propranalol, being a relaxant, stops me from "freaking out", as Lilly put it.

I caught my mood swings just in time so that so that no real damage was done to myself or other people: where work or other activities are concerned, you sometimes have to put your health ahead of your personal pride, especially if there is potential for self-harm or violence, as has been the case with me in the past.

At least I've still got a roof over my head and food on my table: some people aren't so lucky when things go wrong.

I hope you are proud of you for the way you are dealing with this.

You have such a healthy approach to it all.

Im sure its not easy but you are doing so well!

Lilly

Archived