Mental Health Forums

Fluoxatine

Tray

has anyone been on these? i have had so many anti depressents, and i have always wanyted to drink with them, but these tablets, i just dont! its like it physically turns my stomach sometimes to even taste alcohol, its really weird. i can occaisionally do a few glasses of wine, but even when im so low i really just wanna get s**t faced, i cant...has anyone else had this side effect?or is it just me...

Tracy x

never had that myself and also never heard of it but the strangest things can happen on meds.

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise that you cant drink with them, it forces to look at other ways of dealing when you feel bad.

Have you thought about what others things instead of drinking you could do that might help??

Lilly

yea i have...but to be honest prefere the drinking

:rolleyes:

i tend to just watch crap tv where i dont have to think...like neighbours and sleep...

(how many neighbours fans did i just annoy!)

I havn't really had much urge to drink on Fluoxetine, not been much of a heavy drinker for the past year anyway. But on the occaision i do, i can have two beers and i'll feel so sleepy, i could quite happily curl up in the corner and snore away :)

hiya..

I was a heavy drinker and then I started on these tablets and my doctor said that if I carried on drinking that they wouldn't work, so I've cut out alcohol with the help of AA meetings and Antabuse tablets and the fluoxetine is doing a great job. And yes, when I drank on fluoxetine I felt very odd, really woozy and sick!! Good luck x

I take Fluoxetine but only been on it for a few weeks cus i didn't get on with citalopram, i haven't drank any alcohol with them yet though.

I've just starting taking these but interesting to hear of the side effects. My doc said I can have the odd drink with them but not drink excessively. I'm not really a drinker anyway so it's not a problem.

Thats probably a good side effect as anti depressants and drinking dont general mix too well. I know one I am on it can cause seizures. (I still drink though, Im a dumbass that way.) lol

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had that.. I was only on 20mg.

but maybe it's cause I like alcohol too much..

I find that Carbamazepine and Citalopram are bad to drink on..

*goes off for beer*..

but no, I still adored alcohol with Prozac.

Archived