Mental Health Forums

My First Cbt Session

LadyMacbeth

Just finished with my therapy session. At first I was scared to death about going in their and my heart was beating a mile a minute. I had to stand outside for 15 minutes but once I went in I calmed down and relaxed when I saw her. She had panic attacks too! So she can relate. She explained to me about her therapy techniques which occur in three stages. She already gave me homework! :lol: She has a nice disposition and personality and very friendly. I can tell she knows she she is doing. She did not even mention meds to me and did not judge me as a Borderline either. She also made me make a pact with her to stop researching diseases and things like that online because it triggers panic attacks. I am so glad I went through with it. She gave me her cell number so I can call her when I am having a panic attack.

LM

Sounds good Lady Mcbeth! :hug2:

It's always nice when people dont judge you over being a borderline.

Yeh, same with me, no researching diseases online because it triggers panic. Staff made that rule in my treatment plan. I hear ya there.

Have a good day.

TC

Katie

Yeah, you may want to Charme. We were having a conversation about how I start reading something on like schizophrenia and illnesses and start obsessing over them thinking I have them. :lol: Obsessive thinking causes panic attacks. Oh, I am gonna post some interesting points about panic attacks she gave me for HW.

I bet I know how great you feel lady!!!!!! Same as me!!!! I had my first DBT session last week and it went great -I actually feel like I can get well and nobody mentioned the word Borderline. I am so hopeful now....

Really, really, glad this is working out for you - we can move forward together - onward and upward! :sm.jpg:

Ginny :)

PS. What is your avatar now - does it represent something?

Yes, I feel like she is accepting me as a person. She is not big into labels and does not think so far that I am even though I have shown traits. But, the main thing is recovery. YES WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my new avatar represents the Spanish flag. Yes, I am a strange cat but I am in love with the country. I think I was Spanish in a past life just because of my weird obsession with the country.

Trying to fight the urge right now to go to the second floor of the library and start reading books on all sorts of personality disorders and mental illnesses. :blink:

no, no, NO!!!! You will be a good girl and stop looking at that stuff so much. Stay here and make yourself useful - (you are doing a good job so far today! :) ) You have been told!!!!!! :P

Ginny

I really would like one of my friends to call me to go out. I am in the mood to party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wooohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LM,

I'm so glad you put in the effort to look for a therapist. It's good to hear it's working out so well for you. You went in with a good attitude, and that makes it easier to hook up.

XX Ann

hi lady

well what can i say? this is all very positive. i am glad you are now on the bandwagon and can make some real, solid progress.

great u have a cell phone number and although i hope u dont have to use it, use it if u need to!!!

love

lost

Archived