Mental Health Forums

Trevor Macdonald

lisa c

Hello

Tonight at 8.00pm Trevor Macdonald will be talking to a pregnant woman who was, many years ago, diagnosed with BPD. Social Services are planning to take her baby away from her as soon as it is born as they say she will develop munchaussens by proxy. There was a thread posted about this a couple of months ago and I thought you may be interested.

Take care x

I'm a right nut job, and they haven't taken Kaisha off me yet...

I can't see how they'd just want to take her baby into care because she has BPD...

I'm with Vorps... there must be something else...?

<_<

Ive read all about this, im recording it becasue im out this evening. It doesn't matter whether they are or right or wrong, the fact that a baby wont get to be with its natural mother is an absoloute travesty. Im no expert but they should be supporting this woman so she can give her baby the love and nuture it needs in saftey.

Ram

Is this airing in the UK or US? If in the UK, could you give her name or some info. I would be curious about this. Here in the US they would never be able to do this. Even moms and babies that test positive for drugs at birth often go home with thier mothers. Sad but true.

I have to stick my nose in too!! I read about this a couple of moths ago on the forumtoo!!!

I have a 5 year old daughter, have bpd, terrible deppression and have attempted suicide 3 times in the last 4ish months, i have the worst temper and social services have visited once, they have no problem with either my daughter or the care i give my daughter.

There must be more to this <_<

MEMEME..how can you say that social services are happy with the care of your daughter when you state that they have only visited once..i'm not saying you do but anyone can put on the perfect mummy facade for an hour can't they? !

I think that Is the point Valrpalblade... they by all account of this other mum to be, should have seen her more, and definately should have considered more of her daughters circumstances if she has attemped suicided 3 times recently. Its scarey that this kind of thing happens. Here in the US the civil liberties Union and the NAACP would be all over this, as well as CNN and Fox News. There would be attorneys lined up at her door wantng to take this case. And it wouldnt even be a case. Becuase you cannot be punished for a crime, you might possibly commit in the future. It is definately a sad and newsworthy case. and its enough to send anyone over the edge mentally, even with no piror psychiatric problems...

My heart is defnately with her.

<_<

I didn't like her from the start... dead shifty eyes... like a crab.

ILMAO !! thats so funny."like a crab" :lol:

God I better watch,I have social worker 2mw,I have mental health illness and 3 kids and been told their not at risk !! Hope I dont have crab eyes :lol:

<_<

I didn't like her from the start... dead shifty eyes... like a crab.

About time they stopped people that look that from having babies...it's just not fair on the children!

it freaked me out cos i worry about geyying pregnant and having a child taken away cos iv got bpd, but i spoke to my cpn today and she allayed my fears, she said that there was much more in her history than she lets on

MEMEME..how can you say that social services are happy with the care of your daughter when you state that they have only visited once..i'm not saying you do but anyone can put on the perfect mummy facade for an hour can't they? !

Vorpalblade, your comment really pi**ed me off !!!

But thats me sorry!!

However i would like to say a few more things about my position seen as i think i have defo got some people thinking!!

Over here social services do generally only tend to visit once, you will then be passed on to a support worker from childrens service and your health visitor is also involved who did visit regular. NONE OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY DAUGHTERS CARE THAT IS WHY I AM NO LONGER MONITORED.

I also do have a very supportive family/ friends andmy sister does happen to be a qualified socila worker that happens to work for childrens social services so if she has any problems she would let them know as were not that close!!

On the other hand i will say that the social services dept in the UK stinks, its completely shit!! I had more hassle from them when my daughter broke her elbow 2 years ago than i have no i have been formally diagnosed as being mad!!!

Hope this explains some more!!!

Archived