Mental Health Forums

Trevor Macdonald

lisa c

and back to the OP.. the claim that she had BPD from age 15 - 18 is a load of bollocks... we all know it's nigh on impossible for that to happen

I watched the ITV programme and as far as I remember there was no mention of BPD. It was said she self harmed and feigned illness hence they assumed she would develop munschausen by proxy, despite 2 psychiatrists testifying that she was not a danger to her baby.

it was suggested that the reason for taking the child may be due to the cash incentives offered to social services to increase adoptions.

She has left the country to have her child.some bigwig from social services stated that their main aim is to keep families together not split them up but the safety of a child is paramount.

A truly baffeling case for which we dont have all the facts. Perhaps an overzealous social services dept to blame.

in contrast i had dealings with social services in a professional capacity when a 14 year old girl I taught was thrown out by her mother. The girl was staying at the home of an 18 year old friend who had 2 children and a 3rd on the way. Social services refused to take the 14 year old into foster care and insisted the mother take her back or leave her where she was.

Mixed messages????

i don't think we will ever get the answers, i do believe there is far more to this than the bpd and self harm mentioned in the news, who knows but i think it is a typical media view playing only one side, also the money she is now making from it is out of prder when it should only be about her child, makes one think why is she really doing this?

Archived