Mental Health Forums

Bpd

rosehip333

hi all iam new to this site, have been diagnosed with Bpd for about 15 yrs now have to take lots of medication which has lots of side effects, would love to talk to others about this, is there any one else on here tonight ?

Hi rosehip,

Welcome to BPDWORLD. Many people on here are going through the same stuff you are. If you go to the bottom of the screen you can see who is online. Everyone is here is really friendly and supportive so when you feel comfortable post away!

LM

Oh Betsy, now now, that's not nice.

Not when they aren't here to defend themselves.

HI ROSEHIP

It's nice to meet you, look forward to getting to know you.

Lady is, of course, right.

Gentle reassurance

flowergirl x

rosehip,

sorry i was so busy smarting off at the other two.. i forgot to welcome you. this is a really great bunch of ppl. sometimes we even have a little fun with each other but we are some of the greatest people around at supporting each other.

Wekcome to the group!

bets

Hi Rosehip,

Welcome to the site! Sorry I missed you last night. Its a great site and like a community of all of us. I've been here about 3 months...and it really helps me keep going. I'm not officially diagnosed BPD, but I have it.

What meds are you on? have you found the meds forum yet?

Take care.

lorna

You guys make me laugh.

Welcome Rosehip. I love the visual that word has always given me...

I hope you enjoy yourself here. You can see that we do often have fun as well as exploring all the harder parts of this. Look around.

XX Ann

thankyou all for being so welcoming and friendly , i have some lovely friends but i'm scared to offload on them because i don't want to upset them and i'm not sure if they'd understand.hope you don't mind what i'm going to tell you but feel you should know as much as possible, i was sexually abused from the age of 5 until iwas 14 when i was pregnant with my fathers child my friends helpedme arrange a termination, i told them i was 16 and it was a boyfriend. my mother was having her own problems with my handicapped sister and therefore left me on my own with my father a lot !! i left home and managed to block everything out for a while, but then it all caught up with me. i started self harming and had a few spells in psychiatric wards where i was diagnosed with Bpd.i then found an excellent therapist who i still see now , without her i don't think i would be here now !! i am now 46 so a lot older than most of you i guess but i still hope we can all help one another, i am currently seeing my Dr once a month and am taking prozac 40mg an anti~d and sulpiride 800mg daily anti~psychotic any one else had similar problems . i'd love to meet you

rosehip333

Rosehip,

You are not alone in your age group. I am 47. Or 48. Not sure which. I'm always glad when someone more mature joins the forum. Your story is brutal, and I couldn't help thinking of the 5 year-old-girl and the 14 year old girl as being right now. I am soooooooo glad you found us. If you have any questions, ask and someone will be able to help you, I'm sure. I understand about not wanting to burden your friends, but being your friends, I'm sure they know a little already.

Take care.

XXX Ann

B)

Rosehip,

You are not alone in your age group. I am 47. Or 48. Not sure which. I'm always glad when someone more mature joins the forum. Your story is brutal, and I couldn't help thinking of the 5 year-old-girl and the 14 year old girl as being right now. I am soooooooo glad you found us. If you have any questions, ask and someone will be able to help you, I'm sure. I understand about not wanting to burden your friends, but being your friends, I'm sure they know a little already.

Take care.

XXX Ann

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

verbena , thankyou its good to meet you, thankyou for your reply i wasn't sure if there would be any one else my age here, im so glad i found you too !!!!! i'm in the united kingdom so the time may be a problem ,speak soon rosehip XXXX

Rosehip,

Glad you joined. I really do not like talking to my friends all that much about my mental issues. I know they are there but I do not want to burden them. You will find a lot of support here!

You know I love you all!(even you Betsy, after that wonderful comment :)

thankyou all for being so friendly, i have new friends already !! is there any one else my age ? i am in the united kingdom and would like to get to know you all a lot better, it is a good feeling knowing that some one else feels the same way !!

thankyou verbena hope to get to know you, thanks jo xxxxx

thankyou lady macbeth , i know what you mean, that is why i feel we can all be truthful with one another here and have so much support ,rosehip

just wanna echo what everyone else has said..... you are very welcome to discuss anything with anyone, anytime. Hope you get what you want from the site.... we do!!

Ginny :wub:

thankyou all for being so welcoming and friendly , i have some lovely friends but i'm scared to offload on them because i don't want to upset them and i'm not sure if they'd understand.hope you don't mind what i'm going to tell you but feel you should know as much as possible, i was sexually abused from the age of 5 until iwas 14 when i was pregnant with my fathers child  my friends helpedme arrange a termination, i  told them i was 16 and it was a boyfriend. my mother was having her own problems with my handicapped sister and therefore left me on my own with my father a lot !!  i left home and managed to block everything out for a while, but then it all caught up with me. i started self harming and had a few spells in psychiatric wards where i was diagnosed with Bpd.i then found an excellent therapist who i still see now , without her i don't think i would be here now !!  i am now 46 so a lot older than most of you i guess but i still hope we can all help one another, i am currently seeing my Dr once a month and am taking prozac 40mg an anti~d  and sulpiride 800mg daily anti~psychotic any one else had similar problems . i'd love to meet you

Hi Rosehip:  I am 38 yrs old..a mom of two children.. :D

rosehip333

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey rosehips,

I am even older than you. If you haven't noticed yet there is a link to the abuse site. You can get support here and also there if you wish.

Meds.. a lot of us are on them. I'm on effexor 450 mg day - anti D, and seroquel 400 mg a day... seems to do okay but i get sick of taking it just to feel okay

anyway... Welcome again

Bets

Archived