Mental Health Forums

I Can't Sit Still

pinklady66

I just can't sit and relax. It hit me all of a sudden. I am so hyper that it's not funny. It's taken me quite a bit of time to read others' stories. I am trying to reply as best as I can. My mind is just a running. I feel like I'm on a bad trip.

My body is a monster. I have to run somewhere and release its energy. I hope that something calms me down. I could possibly be going in a manic phase again. The third in less than a week.

I have to leave for a bit. Maybe I'll calm down and can get back into this and concentrate better. I need focus.... :blink:

Pinklady,

Try deep slow breathing and focusing on your enironment and naming 3 things (tagible) in the environment. repeat as many times adding one object to the environment part......... as you need to feel calmer.

bets

ah, thats a bitch. i was there earlier this week and it is just naff.

i do such embarrasing things when in 'that place' - like i couldnt stop biting mike, andi know that sounds cute or silly, but he was not liking it and i just couldnt stop i thought it was sooooo funny, when actually it wasnt. when i stopped one irritating funny activity i would just start on another.

do you find everything is suddenly amusing beyond belief when you get there? i do. i was dancing by the window in a thong with a red flashing cyle light attached to my head. and i was pretending to fly around the room on a 'magic towel', even invited mike to step on and come for the trip. just bizarre shit like that - things popping into my head that i wouldnt normally think and also i get more inappropriate - i was out and saw this lady pushing a pram and as she put her hood up it was rolling away down the street, and towards the road. normally i would feel concern but i was hoping the pram would get hit by a car :( and started laughing. i cant stop laughing. yuk. and i had to take paper and a pen with me to write down important 'insights' which was looking back just stupid stuff but i thought it was clever at the time, like, i thought the bus was a great metaphor for the world, because, it smelled of shit and no-one quite knew why, and people got on, travelled somewhere, and then got off. and this was really striking at the time, as if i had just made an important discovery for makind. also i saw a sign outside a church that said 'why worry when you can pray'. and i went into hysterics on the middle of the bus. cos it was so super lame. but actually with that last one i might have done that anyway even when normal. :P

anyhoo. just thought i would try and relate, as i have seen a good few posts from you about this subject and i thought it was time to share.

i also get the buzziness and weird energy that drives you on and can never be tired out voluntarily, and which leaves you exhausted but still energised its a funny feeling.

hugs

lost

ps hope you feel better now. i dont have any tips for getting shot of it. sorry.

Archived