Mental Health Forums

What Psychiatrist/mh Teamcare Co Ordinator Think

Doctor Dysphoria

Have they said that?

Or are you making assumptions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No assumptions. First time it was ever said was week into first admission at age 18 .To quote 'You're an awkward and troublesome teenager'.

Last therapist i saw took great delight in telling me that the referral he got from consultant described me as 'awkward and demanding' :(

They have always treated me like shit and i for my part need their help and yet hate them for failing to do anything near their best for me due to incompetence and indolence.

maybe they are picking up your attitude about them and reflecting it back. I don't know maybe they are incompetent and indoelent. Can you try it with more of an open mind and without such negative judgements about your therapists? They probably aren't going to change but maybe if you change your attitude a little then you can get some benefits from therapy.

I don't mean to invalidate your feeling you could be right on, or you could be viewing them thru a filter of your illness.

good luck,

bets

maybe they are picking up your attitude about them and reflecting it back.  I don't know maybe they are incompetent and indoelent.  Can you try it with more of an open mind and without such negative judgements about your therapists?  They probably aren't going to change but maybe if you change your attitude a little then you can get some benefits from therapy.

I don't mean to invalidate your feeling you could be right on, or you could be viewing them thru a filter of your illness.

good luck,

bets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They abuse me and i'm supposed to change my attitude ? :angry: If a woman got raped would you turn round and say 'if you change your attitude towards men a little#' perhaps you might not get raped again in the future' ? .

I didn't ask to be treated so badly any more than any woman goes round with a sign on her head satying 'RAPE ME' .

You have really pissed me off and just made me feel like THIS IS NO LONGER A SAFE PLACE AND I CAN NOT TRUST HERE ANY MORE.

It's safer to bottle it all up then peoplwe can't piss on you and make you feel even more crap :angry: :(

I think you took what Betsy said the wrong way, but its easy for me to say that because I'm on the outside looking in.

Take a deep breath, you ARE safe here.

Another possibility is that you have been unfortunate in the doctors you have gotten. They aren't all the same, some are good, some aren't. If you are not comfotable with your doctor its time to find a new one.

Amy

DD,

It never hurts for us, if we really know ourselves

and our traits, to look twice, even try twice before

we decide people are against us. I wouldn't be afraid

to say it isn't you, it's the BPD speaking.

We are here for you. Surely you wouldn't want anyone

here to just say what we think you want to hear. You've

been pretty honest and up front in your posts to us,

and we think you deserve the same honesty. This is

not the place to come if you want to be handled with

kid gloves.

XXX Ann

P.S. What does indoelent mean? :P

Archived