Mental Health Forums

Therapy Groups?

Katherine

In my group tonight (a training/therapy group at a therapy training college--I am on a 'year out' this year, and have just been attending the 'group') the facilitator suggested I think about leaving the group there to join a group somewhere else that is a Therapy group, without the difficulty and pressure that a training group entails.

This is in the context of what happened for me last week in the group, that I wrote about then.

She suggested I think about it, discuss it with my therapist, etc. Which I will do.

I am not sure what to do, where to start. I know it is for the best. I also need to speak to the heads of training to clarify what leaving the group means in context of my future on the course or not.

What kind of therapy groups have you had experience of?

<I know I don't want CBT or DBT, not my thing at all as I need to release my emotions and look at family and developmental issues. >

What was your experience? I've never been in a proper therapy group...

How many people were in the group? Did everyone get a fair share of attention? How did the therapist work?

Any other info gratefully received...

And, anyone who knows of any good contacts in the (NW) London area, please pm me...Thanks.

Am feeling sad, relieved, scared, anxious, hopeful, angry, excited, apprehensive....

lorna

Archived