Mental Health Forums

What Age Do You Feel?

InnerPeace

This is a question I was once asked and I found it an interesting one, so thought I'd put it out there.

Without thinking, I said I felt 4 years old. I don't know why, except maybe my family treats me as if I were!

I did like being 4, being looked after was good but I remember my Nursery school wasn't that much fun....don't think I'll ever get over being sent home in someone else's red frilly knickers after I had wet mine (they would wash them and give them to the next person who had wet themselves to wear!), and why they had such a problem with me sucking my thumb I don't know, plus I never did get promoted from playing the triangle to playing the tambourine.

I thought I'd share a photo of myself at 4...we had a "guess who" competition at work last week and I used this then.

i always stil think of my self as around 18, have no idea why, it wasn't an esspicially good year for me...on my birthday i shut my fingers in a door, and spent 4 hours in casulty! i guess maybe its because 18 is seen as the time when you are officially an adult and so have control over your own life? neva thought of why before...

Gee I dont know, in some ways I feel like I am going through puberty right now but in other ways I feel like I have become an adult.

Lilly

I wish I was three. But, right now I feel 8 yrs old. The age that reality really had to set it and life wasn't ok anymore. I wish I was 3 yrs old and nothing bugged me at all then. Damn reality. Here's me when I was prob 3 or 4? not sure.

rite this is a difficult question cos...

i feel my physcial age it 90 as i have so many problems wiv my back and other things i feel really old

but my emotional age is near 3 i feel like a big kid in that respect.

love the pics from inner peace and from velveteen ..

i also .. dunno why, very often feel aged 3 or 4

maybe its the emotional strain, the need to feel loved and cared for, the age i was when the damage was done, dunno but ha, can also identify with colourfulcarly where she said aged 90 .. i cant tell which bit of me doesnt hurt from all the strain of keeping it together, i cant remember a time when i wasnt painfree and when i felt happy... sheeze, sorry, what a drag i am

will have to see if i can find pics of me that young

physically, mentally, and spiritually about 51-53 years old....people have called me an old soul, just like they did my daddy....we were always too mature for our age....

but emotionally, as always....about 11 years....about when i sunk into the deep hole again and couldnt get out anymore....i lost all support that year, i remember it vividly....i never have gotten past it....wish i had a pic to gave you all...but my mum "lost" my pictures several years ago....

good idea for a post...

ici

I dont know why i feel older a lot of people ive spoke to give me mixed views on what age they think i am if i dont tell them some say i look about 32 some say i look my age and some say i look much younger but what gets me is why do i feel as old as i do when im at least 4 or 5 years younger

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never grow from the age below. I still had my innocence then, it's when my problems began. I long to be that age again...

2253632.jpg

1115333.jpg

Peace, Lance

I'll never grow from the age below. I still had my innocence then, it's when my problems began. I long to be that age again...

2253632.jpg

1115333.jpg

Peace, Lance

Lance, that is a very adorable photograph of you. I love it! You look so cute and adorable there. I know how that is too, its like after age 3 I had to realize that the world didn't revolve around me and there were problems in life. Sucks. I wish so bad I could just be three again, or never have been born and had to experience all that pain of growing up w/ my parents.

Lance, that is a very adorable photograph of you. I love it! You look so cute and adorable there. I know how that is too, its like after age 3 I had to realize that the world didn't revolve around me and there were problems in life. Sucks. I wish so bad I could just be three again, or never have been born and had to experience all that pain of growing up w/ my parents.

Heh, thanks :blush:

I really feel you on the never been born thing. My dad left home, shortly after that first pic was taken. Lived with my mum ever since. Mums aren't really the people to sit and talk to about man stuff.... sad really. Being wrapped up in cotten wool my whole life as affected everything. Just another nail in my mental coffin I guess, heh.

Peace, Lance

Thats a hard one to answer -

My age goes up and down along with my moods. Sometimes I can be that

kid who needed someone to help me, and protect me, and other times the

teenager that knows it all, and acts out. Then there are times I even surprise

myself by being an adult. Go figure me an adult.

March

Hello,

I feel stuck at 15 maybe (I am 28 now but people often mistake me for someone much younger, I used to flatter myself it was because I looked young but in reality it is because I act so young). Put it this way, one of my only friends has just turned 19, I just cannot relate to "adults".

Archived