Mental Health Forums

Anyone On Zoloft ?

mazer34

Ive been offered to go on zoloft(hope Ive spelt it right),anyone been on it or still on it and whats it like ? ie any bad side effects etc, thanks. -_-

Hi i've been on this...it's the best of the bunch in my opinion. I had no side effects other than losing a bit of weight, and it really heightened my mood. x

Ive been offered to go on zoloft(hope Ive spelt it right),anyone been on it or still on it and whats it like ? ie any bad side effects etc, thanks. -_-

I've been on it a couple of times but never had a lot of luck with it in terms of an improvement in my mood, although I was never very compliant. In terms of side effects its been one of the best ones, was quite tolerable.

With these kind of meds you have to remember that the effect can differ from person to person. And the side effects too.

I am on Zoloft though and very happy with it. I am taking it to stop anxiety and I hardly have anxiety anymore, it has also improved my mood. I build it up slowly that helps with not having too many side effects.

I hope you will give it a go. Meds can be a bit of trial and error but when something works its worth it!!

Lilly

I havent heard of too many side effects for females. My daughter is doing well on it. Men however often suffer sexual dysfuction..i.e.they cant get it up or cant come if they do..I know a guy personally who has the latter.He gets to the point he has to stop meds for a week or so as he says he suffers from blue balls...That being said, he loves how much better he feels on it and wont change...small price to pay, in his opinion... His wife disagrees,,

With these kind of meds you have to remember that the effect can differ from person to person. And the side effects too.

I am on Zoloft though and very happy with it. I am taking it to stop anxiety and I hardly have anxiety anymore, it has also improved my mood. I build it up slowly that helps with not having too many side effects.

I hope you will give it a go. Meds can be a bit of trial and error but when something works its worth it!!

Lilly

I agree Lilly and also have experienced how drugs can affect you differently at times. Taking Prozac earlier in the year was a completely different experience than a couple of weeks back for me in terms of the former I found it to be really helpful and then recently really quite unhelpful!

I tried it for a week, but I couldn't continue because of the following: severe insomnia, shakes, restlessness and high anxiety. It made me a nervous wreck. It put me off all anti-Ds. I seem to be the minority on this one though.

When I first started with Zoloft it did make me feel better, but after several months the effect wasn't as strong and I started to gain weight, so I stopped taking it.

Archived