Mental Health Forums

Can Anyone Tell Me....

cady4evr

can anyone tell me if psychosis, severe depression, ocd, panic/attacks can they cause epilepsy?? can hitting your head cause epilepsy. does anyone know anything about epilepsy??? i had another topic going and this member of the forum suggested to look up epilepsy because when i lie down, or turn my head, i will starts smelling blood and tasting blood in my mouth and the back of my throat, but now looking over an epilepsy website, i have experieced other " sympton" as well besides the bloody thing. if it is seizures wouldnt i have been shaking??, yes i would go into traces it be like staring into space, with a dull roaring in my head and my ears buzzing and feelign numb i mean im aware of whats happening, but im not know what i mean? and when it ends i always feel lost..... is that seizure?? I always thought it was part of my mental illness but i never would have thought they were seizures or epilepsy..,, when i think of seizures i think of like what myclassmate had i guess low on sugar they made him take lil bit of orange juice. but hwe was on the floor convulsing, it was scary. but now im readin that u can have seizures and not realize it being a seizure.. lord im freaking lol... anyone have any info on this? please help.

Tess

No mental illnesses and panic attacks don't. I am not sure what does I do not read about it because I am scared of having a seizure even though I do not have epilepsy. My advice to you is not to read about this stuff on the internet because it will cause you to start thinking obsessively and cause you to panic. I know I am that way. Had to make a pact with my therapist to stop reading about illnesses. You are not a doctor and neither am I so you can't diagnose yourself. Best thing is to talk to your doctor. It could be just the medication causing you to feel that way like another member said. Try not to read anything more about it because you will start freaking out more. Call your doctor tom. and talk to him/her.

I agree with LM you should be checked out by your doc. there are types of seizures that involve staring out into space... but i am not sure ppl that have them can describe what they feel like because they don't know what happens to them and they often pick up as tho nothing had happened. also, sever blows to the head can be one of many causes.

the fact is you aren't going to know by asking us... ya gotta get in to see your dock.

bets

aiiiye thankyou u two.. i know im freaking.. im thinking back into past and reading into this and i dont know. lol. i havent been to pdoc in almost a year and havent taken any meds since march of last year but i have started practicing in SI.. for those who dont know what SI is its self harm. lol but i do like to diagnose myself and i was right on 3 of the diagnoses when my doc confirmed them. with the OCD, agoraphobia and the panic attacks. i knew i had major depression but i didnt know i had psychotic depression. so i was half right about that. i thought the voice that i heard was jus part of it but i had no clue that it was the most severe and dangerous form of depression known. but now i have it all... i hear them, i see them, i feel them,, and i smell purfume when one of them is around.. and i do have delusions and i do live in alternate reality....so i may have escalated into schiz. cause i know if u dont treat them soon it will escalate into more severe or other diseases in addiotn to what u already have. but it is something im going to have to look into cause their are a few more coincidences than i would like to see. but i jus wanted to see what your opinion are on epilepsy and i thanyou, for responding.

hey cady,

i don't think most schizophrenics know they are that.. because they are in a different reality. I also don't think that hearing voices, seeing, smelling etc means you will escalate into schizophrenia.

but i don't have a medical let alone psychiatric degree.. and i read so much but sometimes don't remember it totally... so... in other words ...... don't truse my opion (lol)

bets

I have a seizure disorder. Mine are the kind where I go into convulsions. It's thought that I have them due to a car accident, where I banged my head and got a concussion.

If you stare out into space, that can be a seizure. I don't know about the funny smell thing. Sometimes people with seizures have a funny sensation, like to be able to smell or feel weird things just before they go into a seizure. However I am not a doctor, so you should ask your gp.

ty all for replying... im gon have to do alot more research.. lady im very happy your friend is doing alot better and no longer have them seizures in her life. that very very great news! :wub::wub: :wub:

Archived