Mental Health Forums

How Old Were You?

tiellover

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was always an attention seeker, even at primary school I was looking for something, but not sure what, looking back it was a way out of the abuse I was going through, started S/H at 11, or thats the earliest I remember, first suicide attempt at 26, been on anti-d's since I was 22, I'm now 38, my psych file contained the words possible personality disorder 10 years ago, when I went to see a spych after another suicide attempt, but they never mentioned it to me, was told a year ago I was BPD, but now they say it's only BPD traits, but thats only because I see a different shrink each time I go, and they only get half the story, I know I'm BPD, and my GP does too, but they have never given me a proper evaluation or what ever.

I remember having problems with friends at school - as far back as infants.

I remember attention seeking at juniors too.

First OD at 13. SH at 15

Diagnosed depression at 18.

Diagnosed with BPD Jan (well, I found out then!)

My Depression started when I was 12.

Self Harm : 12- present, started cutting 18- present

Eating disorder: 17- present

Anxiety: as long as I can remeber

Borderline dignosised : 18

First OD: 19

First tramua: age 2- mom got purse stolen, and got hurt in process and left us me and my brother alone in Toronto while she went after her purse, I think that's partly where abandoment issues come from.

first s/h age 10

first OD age 10/11

diagnosed age 12

hospitalized ages 11-16 and then again last year for a few days...thinking about checking in again...

i was never a "normal" child...always quiet, angry, withdrawn... prone to dissociation

multiple sexual abuses in my past, large blocks of years that i do not remember, and frankly do not care to remember....i figure there must be a reason i don't...

Growing up I was always a nervous girl and sad and afraid to make any mistakes.

I could live with that but when I was in my teens, I think that's when it started but I didn't know what to tell anyone, and that was hard to live with, for about 20 years I lived with this problem not knowing what to do or what it wasn't, because it wasn't just depression or anxiety. That was the hardest part was thinking I was so different.

I started counseling finally in my 30's and that's when I really found someone who understood my problem is now helping me with coping skills to deal this and other problems.

Abused by step-dad physically from age 11, started s/harming then. First Suicide attempt aged 15, have had 6 more since. Now 44 and diagnosed today with BPD. Depression on and off since teens.

Feel like there are 2 versions of me, good and bad and have just started s/harming again after 20 years of good behaviour!!! :wacko:

• 4 years later...

Abuse/bullying started at 5

Eating disorder started at 11

Sexually abused just before my 14th birthday

Depression and self harm started at 13

Over dosed at 14

Currently- still alive (sadly)

Archived