Mental Health Forums

Bpd World Get Together?

rainking

Anyone interested in meeting up for a pint and a chat? :o lets get to know each other...anyone interested let me know.....and we'll set up a time and a day

:) we will try to make it central for everybody so no one has to travel too far :unsure:

who's paying for my airfare.........cause id love to be there

not many ppl from brisbane in this site i dont think, however if there is let me know

rag

It ia indeed a great suggestion! lol! maybe we shud go regional meetings first! LOL :D I would love to but w 2 young kids in tow, i guess i m very er..."restricted" :P Oh well, but do me all of us posted, we might hv a regional group meet w a glbal chat LOL whistle suprise Hehehhe

Budgie

PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL MEETING ARE IN PUBLIC PLACES AND YOU LET SOMEONE KNOW THE DETAILS OF YOUR MEETING. BPDWORLD WILL HAVE EVENTS FOR YOU TO MEET UP WITH ANY OTHER MEMBERS IN THE FUTURE. PLEASE STAY SAFE.

I have talked to Chrissie21 and me and her will plan the northern regional meetings She is from Lancashire :rolleyes: someone has to be :D and i'm from GODs county Yorkshire so if your from the north and want to plan a meeting then contact me or her or leave a message on here (like Josh says we ahve to becareful so we need to plan this right)

The event being arranged is likely to be for the end of this year or the beggining of next. I suggest people wait untill this date.

Are you planning a regional meeting ....or a 'global' one Joshua? I think it would be a good idea to get together and talk BPD World...but if it is end or beginning of the year the weather could make meeting up a bit difficult....

I'm with Rainking on this one ..lets get moving and get together this summer..what ya think Joshua? A series of meets in different places even?

Nothing fancy, maybe an afternoon so kids could come and have a soft drink.

Luv Chrissie xx

PS I would love to meet in Alabama and/or Brisbane...but I need someone to pay for my fare too

;)

I will not be supporting nor encouraging any meeting unless arranged specifically by BPDWORLD for the users of BPDWORLD. I would encourage everyone to wait until any such event is planed but if any user does choose to meet any other person from this site then please be safe and remember people are not always who they seem.

I know most people on this site are adult but never the less there may also be young and vunerable users.

Below is some information on safety:

What if I really want to meet up with someone?

Meeting up with people you've chatted to on the web can be a dangerous thing to do. Remember, they might not be who they say they are.

Meeting up with people you meet online isn't really a good idea. However long you've been chatting to them for. You simply don't know if they are who they say they are. Anyway, if you do meet up with someone, then there are a few very important rules to follow.

The most important thing to remember is 'safety in numbers'. Never go on your own. Instead you should take a mate or two or an adult you trust along with you. Choose a place to meet carefully. Make sure it is somewhere busy like a shopping centre, or outside a shop on the high street.

Then if the person you are meeting turns out to be a weirdo, they'll have less opportunity to cause you any hassle. Finally, always tell someone where your going and take your phone with you. If anything happens you'll be able to call and ask for help.

Source: www.thinkuknow.co.uk

I have been thinking. I know watch out! I have been thinking about this meeting up business. I am not so sure it would be a good idea after thinking about it. This site is very young. We will ahve time in the future to get to know each other. There are a lot of vulnerable ppl and I would hate for anyone to get hurt. I know that not everyone is an ax murderer but we still h ave to be careful. I dont suggest that 2 ppl of the opposite sex meet together alone, that as Josh says meet in a public place, there is also safety in numbers, if a group of you got together that would be better than a few, safety in numbers and all.

I have been very fortunate in the fact that the people that I have met from online have been fruitful, one of them turned out to be a bitch later, but my meeting was a good one. Another was great and we still ahve a good relationship. They were both females.

All I say is that you have to take every precaution to be safe. I think that you should prolly wait till something can be done on a bigger scale, where it can be controlled a lil better, and that we can tell the weirdos from the not so weird. I am telling ya now, I am weird.

I know that noone wants anyone to get hurt, but sometimes we cant control that and with our populatuion where ppl are vulnerable it is more likely to happen. We need to keep everyone safe.

I think we should wait. I think that getting together can cause more problems than it will solve, at this stage of the game. That is my opinion.

Take Gentle care

Wabbit

63 depressed people sat in a pub who can't drink doesn't sound like fun does it 74 members have not posted so i don't think they will come

IVE MET A FEW PPL FROM THE NET IN PERSON ONE TURNED OUT TO BE A PRICK, SAID REALLY CRAPPY THINGS ABOUT ME. ONE TURNED OUT WELL UM YEAH. ONE BROKE MY HEART AND ANOTHER IS FINE, A REALLY NICE GUY. AND STILL IS. SO ITS A MIXED BASKET AND YOU DO NEED TO BE CAREFUL. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU ARE REALLY TALKING TO. I AGREE WITH JOSH AND ITS BEST TO WAIT UNTIL THERE IS A FUNCTION BEING RUN BY BPDWORLD WHERE EVERYONE HAS THE CHANCE TO ATTEND IN A STRUCTURED ENVIRONMENT.

ITS MUCH SAFER I BELIEVE FOR EVERYONES OWN MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH.

RAG

like josh said, id wait til bpdworld arranges something, they'll be safety in numbers and it will be more organised.

People on the net aren't always what they appear to be when you meet them in person as i've found out, you have to be really careful, id recommend waiting for the site meet.

I think the majority feeling is an organised group meet...when BPDWorld has grown more. I'll go with that.......looking forward to hearing details nearer the time.

Meanwhile a couple of questions: (slightly tongue in cheek!)

If I meet someone at a pub, club, night out, the local evening class, the local park, swimming pool, school disco, church, Tesco's, introduction from a dating agency. How do I recognise them to be a weirdo? How do I know all they are telling me is the truth?

I met my husband on a bus...didn't know him from Adam and allowed him to walk me home that night, alone. I have been married to him for 32 years. Could he be a weirdo?

chrissie who is adam???curious

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seriously? It's just a saying! I never seen my hubby to be before that night coming home on the bus.......and I was only 17!

Laughter, they say, is the best medicine!!

So..hehehehehehehehhehehehhehehehhehh

hahahahahhahhahahhahhahahahhahhahahh

Mmmm yes I do feel better! :D

luv chrissie xx

Archived