Mental Health Forums

Blown It With Doc

Madsheep

tried talking to doc about meds she took me off antidepressants after od

now she wont discuss it

son has been put on amotriptoline for m.e doc wont give me them cause of od risk

went to therapist today and wonked through some stuff but imedietly i get anxious all gets worse again

Hi baa -

Good to hear from you. Wish things were better for you. You are going to have

to build up trust again with the doc. She is looking out for your best interest, even

thou you are angry with her decision, she is trying to keep you safe. Personally I

am glad that she is. Keep posting

March

Your therapist wants to help. Sometimes mine drives me mad but they are looking out for out best interests (in general anyway) and can often look at the situation objectively. If it keeps you safe it is probably a good thing. One thing my doc once tried when I was obsessed with oding was to keep my pills and give me enough until I would see him again. It fristrated me to no end but it kept me safe. If you need your meds maybe that would work?

Sometimes pdocs can give you prescriptions for like only three days at the time, which means you´ll be running back and forth to the chemist but at least you´ll have meds again. They then only prescribe enough for you for a few days and too little to OD on.

Maybe something to ask her about...........But then you do have to promise not to start saving them and stash up on them............

Lilly

get meds delivered weekly and when getting stressed store them up and not even know where they are

then go and find them

shoot myself in foot

Archived