Mental Health Forums

Wow.

Dreamer

This morning was a good day for me and I'd just like to share...may seem silly to most, but is a huge thing to me...

As most of you already know, I haven't the greatest relationship with erns mom...Well she and his dad came by today, being nice enough to bring us some fuel 4 the heater. So, just to mention, ern and I went to bed this morning at around 7am..they pulled up about 12:30, 5ish hours later. So super sleepy...... but I walked outside to try and handle the dog/pup/beast, cause he still hasn't stopped greeting people by nipping at their hands or chewing on their arms <_<

But 2 of his bottom teeth fell out today, so he is teething afterall and it's understandable.

Anyhow, his mom was walking up the steps and the dog was mauling her as usual and I grabbed his collar and gave him a quick yank, scared him I guess cause he yelped and I guess she thought I'd hurt him (which it's impossible to hurt a tank and something that carries LIMBS from trees around as toys...) And she snaps at me and goes 'Don't hurt him, leave him alone, u hurt him, u shouldn't yank his collar like that' in about the rudest way possible. She does this kind of thing any time I get around her, usually when no one is around. I had to bite my lip from saying "fine BITCH I'll let him eat u alive"..I wanted to say it badly tho...but yea, I got scolded by her, in my own house, in front of ern and his father... over my own dog whom I'm trying to teach to be gentler and I'm going on little sleep, and I'm on my period............................................................and she was like "come on in Vader honey, its ok, come over here by me". Like I was the bad guy. U know what I mean?

I go into the bathroom cause now I'm crying, I don't know why I am so critical of this woman, why I give a shit what she says, why I am even hurt by her talking to me in that passive 'fuckyou' tone she has down to a science.

Anyhow, I never left the bathroom, my eyes were blazin red from no sleep and bawling...ern comes and looks at my face and just turns around and goes back to the living room....Now in the past when this kind of thing has happened, he woulda said something like "Why r u being rude to my mom, why arent you out there talking to her being 'hostee' Why are u in the bathroom crying, what the hells going on" And I would be left to hold it all in, smile in her face, then bust at the seams by the time I got home or whatever, then have to try and explain to him what she does to me, then he is stuck in the middle of another mess....................but he didn't....

Then I heard her say to him 'she yanked his collar ernie, too dam hard' ( Hello? I'm 20 feet away? and have ears?) and he actually stuck up for me and said 'Mom, u have to or he will hurt you cause he is so big, you shouldn't talk to her like that, you're in the wrong. Now this is getting ridiculous' And next thing I know... she came to me and apologized for being an asshole, said she was sorry, she woulda done the same thing I did and felt hurt if I talked to her like that in her house' etc; and how she shouldnt have done that, and she knows the pup needs to be told or he's gonna hurt someone'

So I am in total shock and yet so releived, the crisis that was churning in me calmed down immediately and I was fine. It's the first time in 7 years I heard ernie go against anything the woman has said or done, first time she's come to me and apologized and seemed to have meant it, it's like she saw ernie had my side and she was called out on it, by him, and it changed everything. It was like she saw that he wasn't going to tolerate it, the sideways remarks, the out of line rudeness all the time. (ern is her baby, youngest son out of two and she'd lie to the FBI for him if he told her to)

So they left and I just looked at him and he said 'enoughs enough. I saw what she did, u were only trying to help her, she was totally out of line the way she talked, I never realised b4 or "saw her in action", but I saw it then and it's taken care of'. First time for everything! Miracles do happen, even if they take forever to. I all for new beginnings. Thnx4 readin :)

Dreamer,

I think that's awesome! It feels good to be vindicated, doesn't it? I really hope this changes the dynamics in your relationship for the better.

Anyway, I just wanted to share in your happiness!

Cya.

amanda.

Thanks very much, yes it feels great and I feel a lot better about it. :) I spoke to ern about it when he got home last night cause he rode back to their home to go visit a friend of his, and he said his dad was even siding with me telling his mom that the dog was trying to bite her, he's always been the level headed one, him and I get along fine. Thnx again

That was a really good read :)

I must say, I reeeeally feel your pain with all of that. The feeling is so aweful when you just hold back what you really want to say. I am so glad he stuck up for you. What a relief you must feel now. I'm sure she'll think twice before saying anything again, good stuff :)

Glad to know you're doing OK too by the way. Haven't spoken in a while...

Peace, Lance

Hey -

That is such a great feeling to have your partner stand by your side.

To have the feeling of being heard and cared about. Thats great,

next time let the pup bite her and lets see what she says then.

Marchmadness

:P Thanks March, yes, it feels great, it's something I've never quite experienced and is such a major step for us I think. I'm very glad.

Archived