Mental Health Forums

Wind Beneath My Wings..

Precious

We played this at my grandmoms funeral... im listening to it now.. so I thought I would put it on here...

THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS (Bette Midler)

It must have been cold there in my shadow,

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let me shine, that's your way,

you always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,

while you were the one with all the strength.

A beautiful face without a name -- for so long,

a beautiful smile to hide the pain.

CHORUS:

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and ev'rything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

but I've got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it,

I would be nothing with out you.

(CHORUS)

Fly, fly, fly away,

you let me fly so high.

Oh, fly, fly,

so high against the sky, so high I almost touch the sky.

Thank you, thank you, thank God for you,

the wind beneath my wings.

Yeah :( My grandmom watched that movie.. even before she got sick.. and she liked the song too. It was really sad for me.. it was like... THE worst day of my life. Her dying.. was ... omg.. so hard! And i still cant believe it.. nor get over it. *Sigh* But yeah ive seen that movie a couple times.. I CRYYYYY!!!it reminds me of her too... besides that... its so sad!!

I have a therapist.. I dont talk about my grandmother that much. i should cause I think about her all the time and its still hard to believe and when i sit and acutally realize shes gone.. its like it happens again.. my heart drops... and i cry.. and cry... the other night.. i cried soooo bad.. i just went to take a shower cause i couldnt stop! .. :(

You know what...its really really hard to talk about but you should let your feelings and emotions out with your therapist that is what they are there for. And they are trained in grief counseling. The therapist may help you cope with the pain. I will feel the same way when my gradparents pass on and I cannot deal with death at all but talking about it helps heal the wounds a little bit. Trust me on that. Please try and talk about it. Or why don't you print out the letter you wrote to your grandmother and show your therapist. If you can't express yourself verbally right now the therapist will know how you feel in your words. Take care honey!

Love,

LM

Im going to talk to her about my grandmom..your right.. it would help.. and i think i should. I might print the letter out too. :) thank you! Thats really helpful.

Ash

I am glad...just telling you what I would doIts painful but expressing your feelings is much better than holding them inside because the pain becomes even more unbearable!

Love,

LM

Archived