Mental Health Forums

Got Offered A Position Online.

Warrior Princess

I know this is silly but just wanted to share.

The position I got offered is basically non paying but still really made me feel good that they finally answered me and that it was "lets get you online for an interview"

it's a postion as "game host" in an online role playing game that I've been playing for over 10 years now. I had applied before and heard nothing, just seemed to be ignored. I'd also applied for other lesser positions and received a negative reply which felt a lot like rejection. I really expected to be ignored or recieve "you're not what we're looking for" reply but was so thrilled to get a positive reply. really brightened my day.

I still don't know if they are going to offer me the position but at least I'm getting the interview. Won't really give me much because its virtually non paying (I get a free account to play the game with is all) but feels good to be accepted!

Paine.

That is really good Paine! I'm pleased for you :)

thanks! I know it's only a small achievement and probably really silly but might as well share something good happening than always the doom and gloom.

Pw.

ps. what do you think of Game Host Kiara as a name? LOL!

No achievement is only a small one in my way of thinking!

I think the name sounds great...have you got a full length, sparkly dress you can wear while you're game hosting?

No achievement is only a small one in my way of thinking!

I think the name sounds great...have you got a full length, sparkly dress you can wear while you're game hosting?

nah, I prefer to wear black.

Had the interview, now just waiting.

I've wanted to game host or game master for a while now so it's great to get accepted. I think if nothing else, getting the interview has been good for myself esteem. Always felt rejected by em in the past.

The interview went well so I should get the position. I know it's not like a real job or anything but this is one of my hobbies and it's a way of expanding that hobby. heck I've played this game for over 10 years it's about time I progressed.

I'm just a big 40 year old kid really.

Paine.

Congratulations :)

Can I ask which game?

Ulrica

Dragonrealms. It's all text which Is one thing I like about it because you can use your imagination and there are strict rules about staying in charactor and not going out of character so it's much more like classic D&D than some of the other visual games are. I've played it for over 10 years now... lost count. Think I started in late 96 to early 97 Wasn't that long after it was first released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonrealms

PW.

hi paine warrior

wow just had a look at the dragonrealm site, you are brilliant just to be able to play the game so getting a chance of a job on there wow again.

good luck and well done to you.

xlinzix

hi paine warrior

wow just had a look at the dragonrealm site, you are brilliant just to be able to play the game so getting a chance of a job on there wow again.

good luck and well done to you.

xlinzix

Don't think you have to be brilliant to play the game. Just have an imagination and a desire to escape reality!

I must admit that the game became an obsesion and addiction in the past and an "escape mechanism". It hasn't always been a healthy pass time but I have it more under control now. It's a good way to explore the many sides of me.

PW.

lol youre brilliant to me i couldnt even understand the instructions. :wacko: and thinking about it another way staying with the game 10 years+ thats also what id class as commitment.

xlinzix

it's actually quite a thereutic game... considering you can do this...

You remain concealed by your surroundings, convinced that your moving to fire went unobserved.

< Moving with incredible power and control, you snipe a crossbow bolt at a bristle-backed peccary. A bristle-backed peccary attempts to evade, moving directly into the blow. The bolt lands a massive strike that pierces through the shoulder of the right arm and forces it and the arm to separate in a painful bloody display.

That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!

The crossbow bolt falls to the ground!

A bristle-backed peccary kicks and spasms as the last vestiges of life flee this mortal coil.

[You're solidly balanced]

[Roundtime 1 sec.]

I mean... when your in the mood to show agression... you can get all that anger out by shooting something!

If you need to self harm... well there are many ways to get wounds in the game

Your body feels at full strength.

Your spirit feels full of life.

You have some minor abrasions to the right arm, some minor abrasions to the left leg, some minor abrasions to the right hand, some minor abrasions to the left hand, some minor abrasions to the chest, some tiny scratches to the left eye.

You have no significant injuries.

If you feel suicidal... you can go kill your character! No harm done there are ways to get alive again if you know what you're doing.

If you want to socialize... then you can with out fear of people knowing you are anything less than a shifty looking elf or a cute raven haired halfling.

Hey you can even over spend and have promiscious sex! LOL It's a borderlines heaven. Best part is... it's all text so there is no harm to the real you.

If you have OCD, great! it can be very repetitive. If you have DID, no worries, you can make more than one character to play, one for each of your personalities. Schizophrenia? no problem. You can even hear voices in your head!

Your mind hears Drexella thinking, "Hiya Kynani."

Your mind hears Kynani thinking, "Greetings Drexella I hope you are well"

Your mind hears Drexella thinking, "Well enough, thank you. And hope the same for you."

Your mind hears Kynani thinking, "Oh doing just great thank you"

To me it's a great release but it can be time consuming and addictive which are the drawbacks. Advantages are you have fun, you feel a sense of achievement when you level up, you meet some interesting people, and it takes your mind off other worries.

PW.

Archived