Mental Health Forums

Chlorpromazine

Mole

In 1952 a French heart surgeon wanted to find a Drug to calm people before open heart surgery.

He designed Chlorpromazine.

He happened to try it out on Schizoprenics and found it stopped their symptons with stupifying them.

This drug and the ones that followed ( phenothiazines ), paved the way towards ' Care in the Community'.

aka Thorazine....

This is an invaluable drug for people with schizophrenia as well as other forms of psychoses. Hell I'm on it myself...

But did you know it is also used as a cure for hiccups?

aka Thorazine....

This is an invaluable drug for people with schizophrenia as well as other forms of psychoses. Hell I'm on it myself...

But did you know it is also used as a cure for hiccups?

You have a powerfull mind !

They call largactyl - The Liquid Cosh

I've got a mate on the other side of Town who takes Largactyl.

He gets totally stoned and goes Rock climbing.

He hasn't been back to hospital for 15 years - I asked him what the secret was and he said " it's because I have a wonderfull partner".

Its great for me in crisis, lets me get some rest and stops obsessive trains of thoughts that drive me to S/H

Is it the same as Thorazine?

rebeccaborderline

Its great for me in crisis, lets me get some rest and stops obsessive trains of thoughts that drive me to S/H

Is it the same as Thorazine?

rebeccaborderline

Yes I think it's the same group of Drugs ( Phenothiazines )

How do you feel about taking your meds?

Why do you sometimes stop taking them?

The Meds cause depression and lack of motivation

In the past i've stopped taking them - because i had given up Cannabis( thinking that was the problem)

When I stop taking them it's as if I've re-joined the Human race.

I haven't intentionaly stopped them now for 3 years

But i've tried new ones that haven't worked

And I beleive that heavy stress has over - powered them ( possibly )

Largactyl gave me chronic constipation.

So, I ended up on laxatives, then got diahorrea, so ended up on imodium, but because I was still on largactyl I got constipation again .... and so on and so on ...............................

Now I take handfulls of what is to hand .. diazapam, duloxetine, lithium, prozac, effexor, quitipene, you name it ... it is like a chemist shop here!

ive never been on it, but i know its an "old" style antipsychotic.. have you tried any of the newer ones??

i'm on seroquel and it works quite well.. it is sedating but i need sadation atm.. i think abilify doesnt make you drowsy. hugs, blue x

Archived