Mental Health Forums

Not Sure If This Post Belongs Here

Rachel_31_uk

I have been hearing voices for a while now, i told my physciatrist a few months ago and he basically said that im not actually hearing voices but like when ur in a room and you say to someone did u just say something to me and there like nah. well it itsnt like that and he won't listen to me, im getting really frustrated now because its like no1 is taking me seriously. i cant change my physcatrist i have tried and i dunno what else to do.

hi can you be more specific? do you hear your own voice in your head, or different people's voices, or just one other voice? is it male, female...

i hear...thoughts...im getting kinda use to it now, thought i was going crazy to start with...sometimes i think i can hear someone real close to my ear whispering my name, usually when i really tired and dropping off to sleep

no at first it was like someone was talkin to me but like way to fast, that i couldn't understand it , then it got more clearer its like a male/robotic kinda voice its really hard to explain. im told to hurt my self and others

do you listen to the voice?have you hurt yourself or others?

i really dp think you should talk to your pdoc again, and tell him that. do you have a CPN you can talk to or anyone?

yeh have hurt myself but not others, my physc is a waste of time, and he won't even give me a cpn said im not high enough priority

hi, well he doesnt sound very helpful at all! im new to this, not long been diagnosed but the first thging they did was give me a cpn... have u got a mental health team, or crisis number to call? do you know where you local mental health team are?where are you based? im sure lilly on here would be able to help you find the nearest mental health team who could advise you???

there is also the samaritiens, or MIND...they might have some idea's, i wish i could be more help x

CPNs are few and far between unfortunately.

As for the vvoices, well this could indicate various things of which i am not qualified to say.

You really need to tell teh psychatrist it all over again.

I have told him numerous occasions, he is basically an ass i don't like neither do i get along with him , he doesn't understand me and dismisses everything i say. i have rang the office to say i need an earlier appointment than may! to be told i have to go back to my gp and he has to re-refer me! ok so i did this like two weeks ago and still nothing. Nobody listens to me they just drug me up, put me on a section 3 and then just discharge me with nothing! what kind of mental health system is that really!!!?? i know what will happen i'll just end up overdosing again, or cutting myself to bits!

oh hun, please try and stay safe, i know its hard... there has to be someone out there who can help, im sure others on here have been throu the same sorta problems, and they can prob give better advice than me...but you must keep trying, you deserve to be helped and listened to x

Archived