Mental Health Forums

Asexual

Lauren

I have allways known that sex doesnt interest me. To be honest the thought just leaves me cold.

I was reading something today that kinda validated things for me. You see I still crave that emotional closeness yet sexually I dont want anything. Its not even like I would like to want it.

It feels so strange. I have had far to many sexual partners. But they have all been about my emotional needs rather than wanting sexual pleasure or sharing that extra thing in a relationship.

But occasionaly I am interested in pleasing myself. But that in its self is very rare.

But im wary of putting this label as such on myself as its not fully acceptd or recognised and I do have a fair few trauma issues in that area.

But my gut reaction has allways told me this is the case. I mean if I was told I could never do awnything sexual again it wouldnt even ruin my day. I still at times very much enjoy hugs, and the closeness of being around a close male partner. I

*sorry*

I just have no desire to take it past that with anyonr. either sex.

I never look at anyone in a physical sense and thing mmmmmmm lol.

Emotionaly yes, sexually nope, never.

Very confused over this.

xxxxx

I kinda know what you mean. For years I felt asexual. I really did not have many boyfriends in high school and I never had sex. When I fooled around with guys I felt dirty and disgusting and did not like it. But, my mother kept calling me a lesbian and I knew I wasn't but I was not sure why I did not like fooling around. In college I felt different because I did not have sexual experience and I would freeze if guys tried to touch me. In college I started sleeping with people just because I felt different. I hated it at first. It was not actually until this year I started to enjoy sex and not feel dirty. I still feel awkward if a guy wants to have sex with me. But, when I had sex with my best friend the feeling was so different and I felt so comfortable that I fell in love with him. So I am not really sure where this is all coming from.

I have allways known that sex doesnt interest me. To be honest the thought just leaves me cold.

I was reading something today that kinda validated things for me. You see I still crave that emotional closeness yet sexually I dont want anything. Its not even like I would like to want it.

It feels so strange. I have had far to many sexual partners. But they have all been about my emotional needs rather than wanting sexual pleasure or sharing that extra thing in a relationship.

But occasionaly I am interested in pleasing myself. But that in its self is very rare.

But im wary of putting this label as such on myself as its not fully acceptd or recognised and I do have a fair few trauma issues in that area.

But my gut reaction has allways told me this is the case. I mean if I was told I could never do awnything sexual again it wouldnt even ruin my day. I still at times very much enjoy hugs, and the closeness of being around a close male partner. I

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree totally emotional closeness is much more important than sex. I haven't had sex for over 14 years since my wife had a stroke which affected her ability to enjoy the act. Sex was somewhat erratic but good enough when we did have it due mainly to moods and psychological hangup's on my part but what's always mattered more has been the emotional connection.

It's the closeness that matters not the sex.

I go through weird periods of being Asexual, it is usually at these times I'm actually more aware of physical beauty in both genders. However I have no sexual (pardon the crudeness) urges at all.

However the flip side of that is when I do feel the need to be close sexually, the emotional side doesnt interest and It's usually assigned to only one gender.

Of course, that could be written off as hormones, so I don't know.

I don't know how to go about saying this, but,like, I've never, you know...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your lucky, I wish I could say the same.

It's overrated. Like most frizz ease products.

Archived