Mental Health Forums

Thinking !

Mole

I noticed several years ago that I think mainly in words;

For instance ; I might think - I must wash the dishes Or I better go to the shop

I think the words.

Some of my freinds think more in Pictures and words.

I'm not good at visualising pictures, and that's probably why, I'm useless at Art

What do you ' Think '.

I don't visualise either, although i'm really agrophobic so when i think 'i need to go to the shop' its like a row of domino's and i find myself visualising everyone that will be looking at me and laughing behind my back...which blatently isn't the case but my imagination is a bit OTT lol.

xx

I tell you what *is* weird...when you start to think & dream in a foreign language.

It happened when i lived in France, and when i lived in Spain.

I knew at that point that my linguistic skills had moved onto a whole new level!

i guess i think in pictures...neva really realised till i just read that.

when i have to go out i vbisulise everythin, the walk, who i might meet, what i say, they say, i reply ect

if i going somewhere new i have to visualise it first, to make me more comfertable. when i read i see it in pictures...

when i wake up or if i plannung something i visulise myself in different clothes as well, different hairstyles ect until i find somethin that feels 'right' for that moment

i guess i think in pictures...neva really realised till i just read that.

when i have to go out i vbisulise everythin, the walk, who i might meet, what i say, they say, i reply ect

if i going somewhere new i have to visualise it first, to make me more comfertable. when i read i see it in pictures...

when i wake up or if i plannung something i visulise myself in different clothes as well, different hairstyles ect until i find somethin that feels 'right' for that moment

Brilliant - I just remembered that I developed a stutter when I first learn't to read

Thankyou

I think in pictures. We learnt about this at college. Everyone is either creativley minded or Academically minded. Creative minded tend to think in pictures and Academically minded people think in letters, numbers or patterns. I think myself that being creativley minded makes me more prone to paranoia as i tend to visualise certain situations that are not necisseraly true and this creates paranoia, such as a picture will flick into my head of someone following me...

hey, it went ok i suppose but she did not let me know what the outcome was, she is writing to my GP and for my GP to talk to me about the outcome, so i feel no nearer to finding out the problem!! xx

I tell you what *is* weird...when you start to think & dream in a foreign language.

It happened when i lived in France, and when i lived in Spain.

I knew at that point that my linguistic skills had moved onto a whole new level!

I've always been fascinated by foreigners who live in this country - which language do they think in?!

FYI - I think in words, I ain't creative lol

wow, I never thought of my thinking in this way :P

I guess I think in words, and mainly english, even tho im dutch... I think i must have been english in a past life or something, it seems way more natural to me than the language I was brought up with... :? :P

Have to discuss this with my T sometime I think...

I'm not good at visualising pictures, and that's probably why, I'm useless at Art

What do you ' Think '.

i never think in pictures always words. i love to paint and when im feeling confidant will even admit im not to bad at it. i truely belive anyone can create art, put yourself into the creation and dont let anyone tell you its not art. if you enjoy the process and can let go of trying to be perfect with what you create you will amaze yourself, and as a bonus have great fun getting paint up to the elbows. one of my favourite things is to leave the paint brushes alone and just get messy :lol:

Archived